questions about original colonization and this game

Towerbooks3192

Chieftain
I was wondering what are the differences between this and the original colonization and is this version worth it? One of the things that really turned me off Civ IV is the combat though so I am curious if the combat in Colonization is alright and whether I could still win despite the problems with stacks of doom.

Diffs: quite a lot, in fact I found the CIV4:COL without mods quite boring. Recommended mod is TAC. With TAC it is great game. Or if you are maximalist try RaR, this will give you even more possibilities.

TAC: nearly same functionality as the old Colonization (I only miss stirring up nations and bargaining)

RaR: tons of new content, looks overhelming

Stack of Doom: technicaly it is possible, but I have not yet seen AI use more than 6 units on one tile. :)

I was wondering what are the differences between this and the original colonization and is this version worth it ?

Without mod, I personally consider Civ4Col a bad reinterpretation of the Original only with better graphics.
(Many great concepts and gameplay features had simply been forgotten. Balancing is also not ideal.)

With the (right) mod however, it is a totally new game experience.

So get it and directly install and try out mods. :thumbsup:
(You will need to figure out yourself though, which mod you like best.)

Top Bottom