Questions regarding AI and features

Blitzred

Chieftain
After playing through AND a couple times and greatly enjoying the speed increase (among other things, but really, having everyone make it to transhuman era without turn slowdowns is huge) I'd like to try enabling a couple more options I usually didn't use.

I'd like to try the revolutions component and fixed borders, but I'm curious how AI handles these, particuallary the fixed borders. Do they understand and adapt to them pretty well, or do they tend to cripple their progress much more then a human players? And though I expect some turn slowdown from them, is it very much, especially late game?

Just looking for some input before I devote many hours to a new game.

The AI barely understands Fixed Borders at all; I recommend playing without it...

However, I just recieved some new AI code for Fixed Borders, so in 1.60, it should be worth playing.

As for Revolutions, the AI does a fairly decent job, you will still get some large empires forming, and some balkanization.

If you want the best AI and most stable game, I'd urge you to play AND 1.60beta10. The beta series is very close to an official release ( a few weeks away) and is more stable than the official releases... Also, the AI is better.

Thanks for the info. I'll look forward to trying the fixed borders as it comes along, can be quite useful for the builder style when you don't want to consume all your neighbors land (I don't mean to culture bomb, I just like building everything I can as quick as I can).

Top Bottom