Quick C2C question about water pollution from map improvements

Echoloco12

Chieftain
So, I've been playing C2C for about a week now, and I thought I had a handle on how pollution works. Recently, however, I learned that some improvements on the map (specifically hydrocarbon wells and most mines, though there may be others) cause water pollution to the tile. Does this mean I have to put an ecologist on every mine? Or is there eventually come a technology that mitigates the pollution to the tile? Or does it not matter if non-city tiles become polluted as long as the city tiles are in the negative? And I'm assuming that water/ air pollution doesn't effect the climate change mechanic (specifically the one that causes desertification in tiles, not the debuff in cities caused by air pollution), is this true?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Last edited:
The eco combatting units are a bit weak at it and you can really go crazy with them if you treat it like you might crime or disease. The core unit redesign taking place will expand unit abilities into the future to make them much stronger at it later down the line but yes, even now, technological developments are really the main solution to the problem and you're pretty much just rigged to suffer through it for a while though there are a few buildings you might want to take a closer look at how much damage they do and either avoid them in that knowledge that you can't accommodate for that hit yet or get rid of them when you realize what they are doing. Some civics are appearing good but will hurt more than it seems. The climate change mechanic used to be heavily tied to air pollution but pending some rebalancing to be reconnected to that in the future. Sadly, our modern world has come under attack by a lot of enemies of the Earth and friends of exploitive industry attacking our scientific awareness of things to the point that it's become a seriously political hotspot to even include global warming features into the mod. Might have to eventually optionalize it entirely to not offend.

The eco combatting units are a bit weak at it and you can really go crazy with them if you treat it like you might crime or disease. The core unit redesign taking place will expand unit abilities into the future to make them much stronger at it later down the line but yes, even now, technological developments are really the main solution to the problem and you're pretty much just rigged to suffer through it for a while though there are a few buildings you might want to take a closer look at how much damage they do and either avoid them in that knowledge that you can't accommodate for that hit yet or get rid of them when you realize what they are doing. Some civics are appearing good but will hurt more than it seems. The climate change mechanic used to be heavily tied to air pollution but pending some rebalancing to be reconnected to that in the future. Sadly, our modern world has come under attack by a lot of enemies of the Earth and friends of exploitive industry attacking our scientific awareness of things to the point that it's become a seriously political hotspot to even include global warming features into the mod. Might have to eventually optionalize it entirely to not offend.
Thanks for the advice! Sorry that people are so politically polarized these days that even including climate change as a mechanic in a game offends some people.

Top Bottom