Quick question - have combat animations been removed

Winston

Warlord
Hi guys been ages since I've been on here but I wanted to ask a quick question.
I've just started a new game of civ5 after a lull where I havent played it for a few months (Gods and Kings has refired my interest a bit) but all the combat animations seem to have disappeared - I tried the options to see if I could toggle them on but there wasnt any option.
This kind of sucks because I like the animations, I had them the last time I played but now for some unknown reason they have gone :(.
Has this happened to any of you guys? Any pointers for how to get em back?

Or maybe you accidentally checked off the "Quick Combat" option under "Advanced Setup" when you first started the game?

Thanks guys, it must be the 2nd one because I'm not playing MP - I guess I'd need to start a new game to get the animations back - shame they don't give you the option to turn animations on/off whenever you want

You can't put battle animations on in those 2 game options:

Multiplayer (hotseat or internet)
or mods

If you start a game with mods you can't enable quick combat

@apocalypse
You're right, it's because I'm using a mod and I checked the advanced settings and there's no quick combat option.
What is that about?! I've used mods and kept the animations before so why has that changed? I don't even think the mod uses new art assets so it's nothing to do with new units. I can't beleive Firaxis has made this change

@apocalypse
You're right, it's because I'm using a mod and I checked the advanced settings and there's no quick combat option.
What is that about?! I've used mods and kept the animations before so why has that changed? I don't even think the mod uses new art assets so it's nothing to do with new units. I can't beleive Firaxis has made this change

IS the mod RED ? Regiment and Ethnic Diversity for Civilization V

If you really like combat animations you could try the unoffical patch and vanilal enchanched mod and disable vanilla enchached mod .
THis mod has found a way to enable quick combat at mods

I am not su sure But I thinx its comptable with the mod ask the creater

Sure check out vanilla enchached mod and look if it is compatble with you're mod

the unoffichal patch doesn't change core gameplay it only fixed minor bugs and gives a better view at social policies

Top Bottom