Railroads looks like highways.

Footen

Chieftain
My problem is that the railroads and modern roads look too much the same, civ used to have dark railroads that you could clearly see, but now I can hardly tell the difference between them unless I zoom in really close.

Before you say anything, yes I did search for new roads and railroads but came up empty or the roads didn´t work when I put them in the custom asset folder.

So, I need some help finding either a good dark railroad replacement, or new roads that doesnt look exactly like railroads when zoomed out. And I obviously need a simple direction how to install it since I´m clearly a noob. Don´t know if I should put it in BotS custom asses or in original custom asset or if I have to replace it in the game folder. :crazyeye:

EDIT.

Figured it out and tried to delete thread but I couldn´t so I´ll just explain what I did. For some reason none of the old roads that I downloaded worked, they ended up bugged when I loaded the game. But then I copied the original mod_roads.dds to custom assets and only edited it to make it slightly darker using a plugin for photoshop that I found on google. Very simple and it worked fine.

Much easier to see difference between railroads and the darker modern highways now, they used to have almost the same color tone.

Top Bottom