Red Sands - Mongolia's Struggle for Survival!

"Do not fret, Mighty One. We need not get involved just yet. It will take time for the Russians to reach Korea, I'm sure."

As you can see, I'm trying to create a defensive wall to protect against Russian-occupied Persia. Looks like we get to see how well Mongolia can hold out.

Then the Dutch declare war on Siam. Opportunity strikes! Nakhon Si is still held by the Netherlands, just east of Delhi. Mongolia armies race towards her, despite the danger of imminent attack from the Russian forces situated north and west.

In the meantime, the Netherlands finishes off the Persian forces.

General Ogodei makes a brilliant push with 2 armies, and beats the Siamese to Nakhon Si.

But Mongolia's left flank is exposed.

"Great one, we are heavily exposed here on the flank! I need those armies back here!"

"How does our road network look?"

"Coming along nicely sir."

Mongolian troops begin to reposition defensively. Russia is coming.

720 A.D. and the Russians arrive.

Bombay is quickly threatened by a sizable force, and a smaller Russian army moves towards Tosontsengel. But it looks like Delhi, with its weak defense, could be the target.

"Aieeee!!!"

Ogodei readies for the assault.

"Fear not, the Mongolian troops are the finest in the world! Live free or die trying! The world is not enough!"

"No worries here, my friend."

(In actuality, this screen shot is from the beginning of the turn in which Nakhon Si was taken. I had to bank on the fact that I could send two armies away from the invading Russians, take N.S. from the Dutch, then have them race back to defend against the Russians. I was worried about losing the chance to conquer N.S. if one of my locked allies took her. I decided to risk it. So the two screenies, the one above, and the one with the victorious army, are from the same turn.)

730 A.D.

"Sire, we have sent the Russians running at Tosontsengal!"

"Weeeee!"

Meanwhile, just south, at Bombay...

"Oh, ffs!"

Meanwhile, Mongolia is forced to move troops to protect Ulaamgom from a few battalions of infantry.

Good to know why Russia was such a monster early on. I have been following this game from beginning.

Have some updates to make here, but I'm checking to see if I can fix the missing pix first.

Top Bottom