Reintroducing 1 unit-per-tile

As a side-effect of xUPT, what do you think of setting the siege units (except rams) to a bombardment range of 2 ?

How much is the distance a tile represents? A few kilometers?

How ever I think that would greatly alter gameplay and the way the AI should behave.
Maybe as an other bug option I can imagine +1 range for all siege units. Remember, some late game units already have a range of 2.

EDIT: Yes, the brief answer is: "No, please" :lol:

As a side-effect of xUPT, what do you think of setting the siege units (except rams) to a bombardment range of 2 ?

I personally think that it shouldn't change though the (same) range 1 for grenadiers seems too overpowered and unrealistic compared to more powerful siege units.

That was just an idea. As i played Civ V before, the whole idea between ranged siege units and 1xUPT is nice, but taking in account the scale of the map make the option not so realistic.

EDIT: BTW, i've made a function which distribute city units over free tiles in case the limit is overrun. That mean it is safe to try 1UPT if you began your game with unlimited UPT (except if there are no free tile, your unit will be killed, but in this case, the map should really be overcrowded). I nearly reach the end of the testing phase and sorted out all the bugs i encountered. I can't wait to publish that work but i want it to be polished :)

So how is this different to the UPT rule that has alwas been in place in AND?

It works without crashs. It is compatible with previous version. It automatically redistribute units if the limit is accidentally overran. It defines a different limit for cities (very important difference).

All is explained in the first post!

It works without crashs. It is compatible with previous version. It automatically redistribute units if the limit is accidentally overran. It defines a different limit for cities (very important difference).

All is explained in the first post!

Thanks!

How much is the distance a tile represents? A few kilometers?

How ever I think that would greatly alter gameplay and the way the AI should behave.
Maybe as an other bug option I can imagine +1 range for all siege units. Remember, some late game units already have a range of 2.

EDIT: Yes, the brief answer is: "No, please" :lol:

According to the info screen, each tile is a square 10km on a side.

My only annoyance with xUPT is that when I send my units on stacked movement to another distant tile and it go through a city and the limit get overrun, my stack got split. It annoys because I have to get my splitted units back together. Do your fix deal with this?

No i haven't changed that behavior as i haven't thought about that. I don't think this is easy to change as stack movement might be calculated independently for units. I'll take a look on the code, but not in the near future.
Thank you for pointing that!

Is it possible to use this upt code in other mod as well? I'm currently playing realism invictus and i miss so much this feature (which is the best thing that happened to bts IMO) I'd love to somehow add it there.

Is it possible to use this upt code in other mod as well? I'm currently playing realism invictus and i miss so much this feature (which is the best thing that happened to bts IMO) I'd love to somehow add it there.

You would need DLL modding to add that component, and either add the BUG mod or some other system to control the units/tile #.

It's a very long way but you can do it as I think I did for other features as well; look through all revision of AND until you find the one where the code was added and then comparing with the latest one you can update the code. It takes a lot of time and some skills with C++ and dll coding, but that's the way I started updating AND2 a long time ago.

I have rewritten most of the xUPT code and i can't see how this could be possible now.

Now, if you set to 1UPT, you can:
- Place 4 land/sea military units, 4 air military units and 4 civilian units on a city tile (configurable via xml).
- Place 1 land military unit, 1 air military unit and 1 civilian unit on a non-city tile (civilian limit is configurable via xml and can be uncapped).
- Place 1 military ship and 1 civilian ship on a non-city tile.
- If you produce an unit on a saturated city, it will be pushed in a free tile in the working city area, on the same continent.
- Your city production will be canceled if the unit cannot be "pushed" in the working area (checks on military land and air and civilian units, not on ships, assuming there will always be space to put a ship). The production points are preserved.
- The AI won't try to produce units if it can't place it.

It has nothing to do with the era.

dbkblk

I really like your mod! Thank you!

Anyway, I have a problem. Despite of 1 UPT, My warrior can't enter a city containing only 1 warrior..
(My screenshot 1,2,3 uploaded)

Please help me!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    722 KB · Views: 167
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 135
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 173
1UPT is really not recommended. The mod wasn't designed to work with that. IIRC 12 is the lowest safe number, otherwise you should expect bugs and errors.

I concur with ZN. Really, don't use 1 UPT, it's like looking for troubles. Even if it should work at the start of the game, it will not work anymore later in the game because when the map is crowded with units, they will not be able to move, or it will take ages for a unit to find a suitable path

1UPT is really not recommended. The mod wasn't designed to work with that. IIRC 12 is the lowest safe number, otherwise you should expect bugs and errors.
This^
It is not balanced actually, your colletarel damage units become useless, colleteral damage, flanking perks become useless. Also there are a lot of city defences which are balanced pretty goot to use against SoD. So City defences become a little overpowered, when you use 1UPT.

Top Bottom