Resting point -20?

Tarvok

Chieftain
I don't normally play aggressive games, but I thought I'd give it a try this time. I've got two city-state neighbors: one aggressive (La Venta), one Neutral (Sydney). I robbed both of them of workers in little one-turn war... one worker each. La Venta seems to have forgotten. But Sydney is showing something I've never seen before: I now have an influence resting point of -20 with Sydney.

Is this normal? Can someone explain exactly how this works?

Yeah, do not attack more than one CS. If you do - some decide to lower the resting point and you stop receiving gold for meeting new CS.

Thank you for the question and reply - didn't catch this in over 500 hours of gameplay. Guess I should cool it on my 10 free workers strategy.

Stealing more than one worker from a city state isn't really a problem, as long as you only declare war once and don't make peace afterwards. You can even farm their units and the city itself for experience, or raid and pillage their lands regularly to earn quite some bonus-gold.

But if you want 2 workers asap without "real" penalties, you'll need to declare war on a city state before you fina an AI and then steal a second one from the first AI that you meet.

Top Bottom