Resting Point

banana man

Chieftain
Hi,

Can someone explain to me what CS resting points are about? I see I can increase it by 10 if I pledge to protect it but I don't know what resting points do or how I can see what it is currently set at.

Also, I am allied with a Maritime CS and am getting a luxury resource from them but I don't seem to be getting the 3 food to my capital or 1 food to my other cities. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Hi,

Can someone explain to me what CS resting points are about? I see I can increase it by 10 if I pledge to protect it but I don't know what resting points do or how I can see what it is currently set at.

Also, I am allied with a Maritime CS and am getting a luxury resource from them but I don't seem to be getting the 3 food to my capital or 1 food to my other cities. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks!

The resting point of a CS is the number that your influence will naturally move toward every turn--normally, it's zero. So if you have 100 influence, and your resting point is 0, your influence will gradually diminish every turn until it hits 0. If you have 0 influence, and your resting point is 10, your influence will gradually increase every turn until it hits 10. There are some combinations of abilities (for instance, pledging to protect along with the Consulates social policy) that can get your resting point up to 30 or higher, which guarantees that you'll eventually have at-least friendly status with every CS not actively at war with you.

Being an ally of a maritime CS is all that's required to get the food imports. If those imports appear to be missing, then you either aren't noticing them or you've stumbled upon a bug. You could always declare war on them (though it might be wise to save your game first) and see if your food numbers change.

If you want to be ally of City-states, pick "Papal Primacy" as Founder Belief. (+15 to Influence resting point with City-States following this religion) also if you get Patronage -social policy- (which gives +20 resting points) you'll have +35 resting points in total. this means you will be friend of all CSs who follows your religion, without giving a single gold.

If you want to be ally of City-states, pick "Papal Primacy" as Founder Belief. (+15 to Influence resting point with City-States following this religion) also if you get Patronage -social policy- (which gives +20 resting points) you'll have +35 resting points in total. this means you will be friend of all CSs who follows your religion, without giving a single gold.

No need to waste a slot in Founder Belief for that - just take Patronage and pick Consulates, it gives you an immediate +20 Resting Point with ALL City-States (no need to waste resources on spreading your religion to them), which along side Pledging to Protect gives you +30 Influence with them - which is just enough to be Friendly with all of them, no resources wasted!

Pledge to Protect: By itself not that useful. But if it's a city state in which you're planning on completing some quests for, it's a great way to be friends for 10 turns longer.

But the real power is when you use the pledge to protect abuse & then choose Consulates. This gives you free friendship with every city state on the map. (All those +3 happiness modifiers will add up among other things)

Yes, you have to spread your religion to CS. but, once you spread your religion, you'll get +15 resting points and your influence degrade slower than normal. because, if a CS follow your religion, your influence degrade slower.

Top Bottom