Revive SOTD (Screenshot of the Day)?

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
In the old days we used to have a Screenshot of the Day feature which was pretty popular and fun feature. Should we revive it for Civ6? :)

The way it would work is, members upload interesting/funny/unusual/weird screenshots to a gallery category (perhaps named "SOTD Submissions"). Along with the screenshot upload, a short description is required.

Then staff would pick from there to feature on the main page. We can't promise featuring a new one everyday, but at least once every couple days.

What do you guys think?

If you already have a SOTD worthy screenshot, feel free to upload to the gallery now and post the link here.

EDIT: I have created a gallery category for SOTD submission!

Civ6 - SOTD Submission
http://forums.civfanatics.com/media/categories/civ6-sotd-submission.40/
The Civ6 Screenshot of the Day (SOTD) feature showcases only the weirdest, shocking, interesting, and/or unusual Civ6 screenshots. If you have a screenshot that meets the criteria, submit it to this category for consideration for SOTD!

Last edited:
YES!! That was always a great thread. I think that's where I first saw the military advisor say "Sleep is for the weak!" and the foreign advisor say "I'm not even supposed to be here today!" back in Civ III.

I'm sure I'm dating myself lol....

I would love this. Don't have any specific SS right now. But I am definitely going to contribute.

Ok, i try.

England invasion !
This new continent will soon know the benefits of tea time.

And from the same game,

Petra and Mt. Kilimanjaro
That's a beautiful sight !!

I can't figure out how to add anything to the SOTD gallery. or do i just post it here? This destroyer took a wrong turn after capturing and razing a city. Now it's stuck in a 1 tile contaminated lake for all of eternity.

Why doesn't it transform into a helicopter? Hey, helicopters also become boats when they cross water in CIV6.

I personally don't like this. Not needing a boat is nice for short distances but it should involve some serious logistics when a whole Army crosses an Ocean.
Deep sea tiles should remain blocked for all but real boats and airplanes.

What is the screenshot key? I tried with PRTSCN and it just showed up as a black screen.

YES!! That was always a great thread. I think that's where I first saw the military advisor say "Sleep is for the weak!" and the foreign advisor say "I'm not even supposed to be here today!" back in Civ III.

I'm sure I'm dating myself lol....

I still remember falsely putting a sign up in our computer lab in college saying "Out of Order, Do Not Touch" when Civ I first came out, and I could not save the game. Unless you date before then, you are not even close to being dated. :)

I'm playing as Germany btw...

Kongo declares war!.png

Is it a settler?
Is it a warrior?
Is it a swordsman?
Or even something different? (it's got 25 attack strength after all...)

I don't know anymore...

upload_2016-11-11_21-11-24.png

I would like to see sotd featured of the website home page. Im finding the home page boring with episodes and score updates the feature items.

Arabia seems to be holding a scout convention

Attachments

• Sid Meier's Civilization VI (DX11) 02_06_2017 11_55_33.png
    Sid Meier's Civilization VI (DX11) 02_06_2017 11_55_33.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 109
Top Bottom