RFC - BTS - Clarification on Babylon Historiy Objectives

eknarx

Chieftain
I am just running my second game with RFC (1.184). After the egypts I am testing out the babylonians.

Around turn 93/94 I finished the Oracle obtaining Gesetzgebung (what's that in English? Legislation?) and at the same time Babylon should have been the city with the highest cultural rating (~920, while Dehli has about ~630 and Beijing ~330). In turn 95 I received the triumphal arch for accomplishing 2 of 3 historic goals. But actually it should have been 3 of 3 historic goals.

First question:
I am not sure if I botched up the the research goal (writing, monarchy and legislation) or the goal to make Babylon the city with the highest cultural rating? How does the research goal work exactly? Do I only have to be the first who researched all three together or do I have to be the first for every single one (I think China must have had writing before me, at least they were really quick getting math).

Second question:
The thing that confuses me most about the historical goals, is that I can't check my progress and status. Is there any menue that I missed so far, that tells me what the goals are and which ones I achieved?

If you click on the little red fist you can check your victory conditions, at the bottom of the page is HISTORICAL. Its not real helpful but gives you some idea.

The victory status will definitely tell you if you have failed an objective.

The tech you are talking about is probably "Code of Laws". :)

First question:
I am not sure if I botched up the the research goal (writing, monarchy and legislation) or the goal to make Babylon the city with the highest cultural rating? How does the research goal work exactly? Do I only have to be the first who researched all three together or do I have to be the first for every single one (I think China must have had writing before me, at least they were really quick getting math).
I'm pretty sure you have to be the first to get writing, the first to get monarchy, and the first to get Code of Laws.

Late reply,

Who knows, it might still help.

Check the victory conditions.
You will probably get YES on the first two conditions and, NOT YET on the third. It just mean you have to wait for a certain date for the computer to check if you meet the victory condition. You probably made the third condition too early. Wait some turns and you will get your victory message. If you got NO, you failed the condition.

The same happens with Egypt UHV. i usually get over 500 culture way before the deadline, but the condition is validated only at the setted date. Same for the 5000 culture condition.

Another thing: for the highest culture there isn't really a great way to check on this. The strategy guides all say that the top 5 cities displays the one with the highest culture on top, but this is false. It's actually the highest culture per turn on top, not overall culture.

These two will be about the same, unless somebody gets a great artist. For the time frame of the Babylonian UHV, I don't think that will be a significant problem.

for babylon (note i might have missed this being said in the thread), babylon should be the city with most culture AND most pop. sorry if that was irrelevant

Top Bottom