Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

RAR has been my go-to mod for ages. It suddenly quit working yesterday. I have fully uninstalled the game, deleted the folders (since Steam didn't), and reinstalled everything and it is still broken. The selection screens are not appearing correctly when starting a new game and the radio buttons aren't actually tied to the text that appears next to them. The third image shows the start position of the game which is all kinds of wrong. Any ideas how to fix? Did Steam change something in the game?
worldchoices.jpg civchoices.jpg gameopener.jpg

ManOfMiracles, the question here is not why you have run into that text file desaster with the steam version of Civ 3 Complete, but why you have only faced that problem right now and not a lot of time more early, as it is a common known bug in the labels text file of the steam version of Civ 3 Complete since a longer time. Some years ago over night the steam version introduced a new line in that file, named "Unknown". Of course this file plays havoc with the texts of all C3C scenarios, that are not created with that ### steam version (this means nearly all mods and scenarios). The line Unknown must be deleted in the steam labels file to achieve proper texts again.

I have done an update of the RAR mod, which gained the "blessing" of many of the former creators of the RAR mod, called RARR (Rise And Rule Revisited). You can find RARR here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/rise-and-rule-revisited-epic-mod.549166/

RARR also holds a simple patch for the bugged steam labels text file in its download.

Thank you, Civinator. I had modified that old mod to run a 1,000-turn game so I guess I'll have to give that up for now. Really odd that I played the Steam version for well over 2,000 hours before it glitched. I also tried eliminating the Steam version and going back to playing from CD, but something corrupt remained.

Very welcome ManOfMiracles. :)

I had modified that old mod to run a 1,000-turn game so I guess I'll have to give that up for now.

The extended 1.7 biq for RARR only holds 915 turns, but may be with its masses of updated units and other graphics it could become a good start for you again. Nevertheless the steam patch labels text file in this mod will work for your mod, too.

Really odd that I played the Steam version for well over 2,000 hours before it glitched. I also tried eliminating the Steam version and going back to playing from CD, but something corrupt remained.

May be this is another miracle. :D

Do i do something wrong?Because every time i try to run the mod,it freeze it up at "Configure player"

Top Bottom