Roads don't connect to cities either (1.15)

Commander Bello

Say No 2 Net Validations
As you may see on the attached two screenshots, roads do not connect to cities either.
This time, they do not connect to the city of the Celts, which was Celtic all the time. I additionally checked in the trade advisor to make sure that it isn't just a graphics problem.
As you may see at the Celtic city se of Acyra, the worker there is building irrigation, while the roads are already there but not connecting to the Celtic city for 2 consecutive turns.

Before finishing the irrigation:

After finishing the irrigation:

hmmm.. doesn't take 2 screenies in one posting...

Here is the picture "after"

[edit] picture doesn't work... checking...
[edit2] picture added

Could it just be a graphics issue (with just one tile of "visibility" into Celtic territory)? Note that the road southwest of Segusio seems to stop abrubtly at the coast -- right at the "fog of war" line, similar to the appearance of the road you posted about. The lack of a trade route isn't determinative, since the Celtic city may not be connected to the Celtic capital (the Celts look to be far behind on tile improvements).

As a test, I'd move your own worker one square into Celtic territory (so it can "see" the city) and see if the road actually does connect to the Celtic city -- the trade route issue would then probably be explained by lack of connectivity to the capital.

hmm.. maybe, you're right.
Unfortunately, I resigned that game, after a combined attack (the third one) of the Celts and around 100 barbarian horsemen in 4 or 5 stacks, who really kicked my....

Top Bottom