ROTQM13: Rolling Over The Quintet's Magic

Looks like we're taking a break then. On a side note, aahhhhh! everything is different!

Yeah, it's been a bit busy with the site update over the last few weeks but it does seem that nothing broke too badly.

A break for a week or two seems good. Can sort out the game setting in the meantime.

In summary, we're looking for a Kuriorates Tower of Mastery victory on a Huge map (Erebus Continents maybe).

What about Always War or is that too much? Any other game settings to use? What difficulty level (Monarch)?

What about Always War or is that too much? Any other game settings to use? What difficulty level (Monarch)?
Honestly I am split on Always War. On one hand it does make the game harder but on the other it basically forces us into conquest mode. And that's fine if we want to play defensively but I fear we might just end up in the same situation as before with lots of armies rampaging all over the map and no idea who is doing what.

This is especially true since if we want to go for the tower as the K's we pretty much have to use vassal states for the palace mana or cheat by using the dispel magic spell.

I won't be available until the middle of next week.

In case we are debating game settings, I would vote against always war. We don't need that kind of limitation. We are going to do plenty of fighting trying to get allies. And if you want more fighting, we could start with agressive AI, and raging barbarians.
As for other settings, here are some that I usually play with: all unique features, living world, and wildlands.
I would also suggest blessing of Amathaon, if you don't think it makes the game too easy for us (doubles the ammount of resources, so it increases our changes of getting good land for our cities)

As far as blessings go I've newer tried it so I have no idea what it does. So let's try it. But I am against raging barbarians because they tend to murder off the AI players.

This said, here is a thought. In my last game, I set things up so that the AI was in two civ teams. So like Illians + Doviello, Kelyn + her dad etc. And it was quite the fun sideways way of upping the difficulty without actually changing any of the other settings. So we might want to consider that.

Blessing of Amathaon doubles the amount of resources on the map. This theoretically means that it is twice as easy to find a good (i.e. with resources nearby) place for founding cities. Normally this would help all players equally, but I was thinking that it might disproportionately help the Kuriotates, since a limited number of cities means the need for extra care when placing them on the map.

Either way I am up for it.

Top Bottom