RR13 - Hearts and Minds

r_rolo1 -
Thy_Spellcraft - up? :scan: Looking for sign of activity - 3 days since Rolo's post
nocho - just played
lymond - skipped
LKendter - up? on deck?

Whoops - misread the name.:sad::sad: :splat:

Whoa...did not realize that I was up...I will play this evening....looks like stuff is pretty straightforward here on out

FINALLY!!!

I took the liberty of finishing this one out. It took about 40 turns, but honestly after the first few turns and setting things up it was really a matter of hitting end turn for the most part. Really just boils down to the RNG doing its thing.

France in the first couple of turns:

Spoiler :

The Celts some turns later:

Spoiler :

Then Pacal:

Spoiler :

Lastly Zara in what seemed like forever:

Spoiler :

Proof of Victory:

Spoiler :

Probably the lowest scoring Conquest I've been a part of:

Spoiler :

Basically my turnset consisted of spreading culture as much as possible. I destroyed all culture producing buildings as well for the heck of it. Continued spreading Sushi, Mining and Conf. Sushi/Conf was everywhere - Mining missing in just a few cities. Of course, I killed any unit the AIs tried to produce. I could not believe how expensive the culture mission in Ethiopia was by the end. Up to a 30,000+ cost. I got most cities over 80%. Pacal's last city I got up to 86% Indian and almost 10% revolt risk (9.93%). I'm assuming 10% is likely the max. At that point it took at least 4 or 5 spy missions to achieve 1% increase in culture.

All right, this one is in the can Rolo. Now for something completely different ;)

Attachments

• RR13 - Asoka AD-2024-January.CivBeyondSwordSave
    416.3 KB · Views: 64
WAHOO - we won this one. :dance:

Wow - 2024, not a lot of room to spare!

Congratulations with the win. It was a nice SG to follow.
Btw, nothing was changed, added or removed in the initial start.

Good job guys! :goodjob:

What are you going to do next?

Future tech 30 ? Now that is something I rarely see :p

About what to do next ... not sure yet, but definitely not spy related :D Firaxis really did all the espionage stuff very user unfriendly and that shows in a game where you have 100+ of them running around...

Anyway, I was thinking a nice E1000AD game to cool down. With Saladin , that starts by default on Deity, OFC. But I'm open to suggestions.

Future tech 30 ? Now that is something I rarely see :p

About what to do next ... not sure yet, but definitely not spy related :D Firaxis really did all the espionage stuff very user unfriendly and that shows in a game where you have 100+ of them running around...

Anyway, I was thinking a nice E1000AD game to cool down. With Saladin , that starts by default on Deity, OFC. But I'm open to suggestions.

Actually, that reminds me of something. It was:

-Saladin on a Earth 1000 AD map,
-Always War and Raging Barbs on,
-Deity.

Now THAT is an insane challenge. I'm not sure if it's possible, though.

Well, the default E1000 AD ( not E18 , mind you ) already starts with everyone you border and some that don't border you in war with you ( from the brits to India ), it is set by default in Deity ... ok, no raging barbs , but does not make so much of diference in E1000 AD unless you are one of the civs bordering Siberia ( that are a huge barb generator even without going raging ). In other words, pretty close of what you suggested :D

Saladin has some streghts ,though. The main ones are the hands in 2 of the more lucrative cities in the map ( Jerusalem and Mecca ), decent chances of grabbing #3 ( Benares, the Indian cap and the secondd double holy shrine in game ), the Mids and some prime land in hand ( Mesopotamia and the Nile valley ). OFC you need to deal with a lot of civs that are playing chieftain or similar ( most of the European ones ) and you have one of the most powerful medieval UU against you ( the Bizantine one ) ... In fact one of the primordial tasks is to somehow save Jerusalem of the Bizantine 4-5 cataphracts ...

Actually, the Byz would be fun

Actually I'm playing a Biz E1000 AD game currently ... it is a easy task, if you ask. Pump Cataphracts and blitz through Asia ... then come back and deal with Europe. It is a fun enterprise , that is true, but Sal is a little more of a challenge without being hard as hell ( try Korea or Khmer ... IMHO even the Inca are easier than those two ): lots of fight ahead, but also interesting options ( I think the most problematic one is when to deal with the Europeans ) and good perspectives of a win.

Maybe we can add some kind of religious variant in which we convert X% of the world to Islam and go for a diplo win.

Will there be a RR14?

Top Bottom