RR17 -Team B

I also think they an't do it :)

too bad the scenario was only 50 turns before attack.
I pointed out bafore the beginning that it was not a lot :(

I also think they an't do it :)

too bad the scenario was only 50 turns before attack.
I pointed out bafore the beginning that it was not a lot :(

well i considered those 50 turns pretty arbitrary...late game starts are a bit about rushes...

maybe forcing SS would be a different, but not in the sense that rush would be out of picture... rushing AI is your best option since units are cheaper then settlers.

Personnaly, i would have enjoy to wait longer before attack.
at least wait for marines and mail or mobile artillery before rushing.
But in the end, we would have won easily anyway just because we had more space that other civs (space for 6-7 city while other civs have space for 4).

I did start a diety renaissance start and indeed it is mutch easier that from ancient start just by killing a IA or 2 before developp.
At this stage we are twice the size of anyone and you can compete with their cheating bonuses...

they hit 1920 and still playing.

we won :goodjob:

They seem to find more fighting that we did :rolleyes:

Hey guys, congrats on the win. We somehow thought the AI would actually put up a fight, and, well, built up infra and stuff. What *were* we thinking? :rolleyes:

Congrats on a much faster win.
First IA start for me, and I had NO idea how lame the AI would be.
Once I realized it, I pushed for single minded KILL, KILL, KILL.
The big difference I think is you realized KILL focus a lot sooner.

Congrats on a much faster win.
First IA start for me, and I had NO idea how lame the AI would be.
Once I realized it, I pushed for single minded KILL, KILL, KILL.
The big difference I think is you realized KILL focus a lot sooner.

well that is kind of very obvious pattern after you launch your first later game start. the biggest problem here is that the settlers are scaled in costs, but units not, thus taking cities with superior unit in it's era is cheaper then selfsettling.

another thing is that AI don't use trees and whips well, but human player does

Also in later starts you can run hammer economy from turn 1.

Yeah, it's a shame really. I like the IA start for variation if nothing else, but the superiority of quick military and the total lack of AI preparedness is a shame.

Everything is stacked for conquest: expensive settlers, early hammer econ. option, early availability of good siege, good units available with no or little research, lack of AI defenders upgraded from early ages...

RR16 and 17 have been very instructive for me by showing how powerful early focus can be; but except for the SG group chat (which I really like) they haven't been the most "fun" CIV games.

Congratulations on the much faster finish, team B!

Stupid time-wasting cottage economy... :gripe:

Top Bottom