Scaling interface to screen

PhilMyBelly

Chieftain
I just bought a new screen (twice as big) and the game doesnt seem to adjust too well. Is there a way to make the interface larger?
20240304212936_1.jpg

I also noticed that other strategic resources, except horses, dont appear on the top panel anymore, since we changed the order on the previous patch. Did anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks for your help!

I don't think there is any way to scale interface to screen. If you want them larger you'd have to lower the entire resolution. I know... I've had to decide this myself and just went with the recommended optimal resolution.

As far as the resources, the other ones will not show until they are researched in the tech tree.

I don't think there is any way to scale interface to screen. If you want them larger you'd have to lower the entire resolution. I know... I've had to decide this myself and just went with the recommended optimal resolution.

As far as the resources, the other ones will not show until they are researched in the tech tree.
Thanks for your answer.

True I didnt unlock Iron yet so it's a bad example, but here is a new screenshot of the same game and now I improved some Iron and it still doesnt appear on the top panel :
1709681598430.jpeg

Technically you could probably get it to fill the top row, there is some modmod for doing it and improving on the top panel. You might be able to do more but it requires work. You could make new icons etc and replace them but as mentioned work, lots of work. Otherwise it just won't become that much larger. The graphics is all made to size as I recall it and it won't look pretty if it's going to scale, blurry pixel messes.

That said the right side of the top bar looks all borked. Three stars, something is covering up the tourism icon and as noted if you unlocked iron it should be next to, infront, of the horse icon. So some reloading otherwise your top bar is borked in installation somehow.

So the main benefit of a larger screen, or higher resolution, is just getting more map on the display. But everything will just appear smaller.

There is a modmod in the mods project folder, or someplace, called Reworked Top Panel (v4) and it still works. I'm just not sure where to find it anymore.

Well I do know the stars is because you're using IGE mod. But yes with another person verifying this potential bug, it would be nice if you could submit this to Github.

Thanks I will look into that mod to improve top panel.

As for submitting this bug, would you mind showing me the procedure?

And for the the record I also tried a game without IGE and the bug was still there

So this took me a few minutes to figure out myself. But if you enjoy this mod this is something you can do to help contribute. You'll need to make an account with GitHub. And then follow the instructions. The site itself is quite interesting because you're seeing all the bugs and fixes in real time.

Top Bottom