Scientific Astronomical Events

Civ4Gandalf13

Warlord
One of the buildings in the game, the Observatory, is not widely involved in the game, which is strange considering that the Space Ship Victory is one of the ways to win. Nor are there any events that are related to the development of the space sciences. I have developed these ideas over the last few decades playing Civ. Some of them I was able to apply using World Builder. So, I suggest the following additions to the list of possible events. For any of these events to trigger, there must be an observatory in the tile in question and

A Renaissance Man who is both artist and scientist, has advocated the Heliocentric Theory of the Solar System. The Church (if there is a state religion) has brought harsh threats to force him to recant. All Universities lose one Science Point for ten turns. (only DURING the Renaissance)

Halley’s Comet is discovered (only BEFORE Renaissance Era) +1 Research/Observatory
First nebula is discovered (at anytime) +1 Research/Observatory
Planet Uranus is discovered (appears BEFORE Renaissance Era) +1 Research/Observatory
Planet Neptune is discovered (AFTER discovery of Uranus) +1 Research/Observatory
Planet Pluto is discovered (AFTER discovery of Neptune) +1 Research/Observatory
Fist quasar is discovered (AFTER Renaissance era) +1 Research/Observatory
First pulsar is discovered (AFTER Renaissance Era) +1 Research/Observatory
Astronomer formulates Drake Equation (AFTER Industrial Era) +1 Research/Observatory
First black hole discovered (after Industrial Era) +1 Research/Observatory
First alien solar system discovered (AFTER Modern Era) +2 Research/Observatory
First alien planet discovered (AFTER alien solar system discovered) +3 Research/Observatory
(MUST be discovered somewhere before construction of Space Ship can be started)

The research bonuses are cumulative.

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:
Top Bottom