Screenshot of the Day #123: Time Spent

Originally posted by dguichar
Just a couple of things more:

1st. There are no computer "RPG games", RPG games require a real storyteller (not a programmed one). Those are RPG-based games or more properly adventure games.

2nd. Thank you for your suggestion. That way i'll really know when to go to the psychologist if i get civ-sick

Keep civilized
Yes, there are. Games in which you take control of a character and solve puzzles etc. are considered RPG's, like the Final Fantasies, and the dreaded Pukemon.

Longest game I had so far was 22 hrs..it was a huge map 18 Civs on Monarch, took about 5 days to complete, and if I remember correctly, it had 5 World Wars, two of them nuclear, one of which I started. Won by Domination on a very global warmed map :)

My longest game took me 35 hours to complete, it was a very very very huge map, and I had to take notes of what was happening in the game, otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep playing the next day.

My longest PTW game so far has been 19 hours..

If you want a real time sink try mmorpgs.. my main character in dark age of camelot has 103 DAYS played time...

Originally posted by Reddwarfian
Yes, there are. Games in which you take control of a character and solve puzzles etc. are considered RPG's, like the Final Fantasies, and the dreaded Pukemon.

Let's not debate this here. If you want a real debate about whether you can play RPGs on a computer, take it to somewhere like the Neverwinter Nights website where an argument like that could run for weeks! :cry:

Well here is one:

Time is probably double reality, Because I tend to leave the game running on weekends, playing a half-hour here and there. so much time in this log is screensaver time.
Real time I estimate at 130 hours. 29 days, 4 hours a day, more on weekends.
Ended with 248 cities, about 60% of the land area.

Attachments

• carthage cultural.jpg
    carthage cultural.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 145
Ahh...I leave it on during weekends too. I start the computer and play Civ3, snap off the monitor for a little bit (hw, going out, or for meals) and get back on.

I'm playing the Double your Pleasure mod on Large Earth. I'm in late industrial and I retired (after saving) just to see how I was doing. It's at 37 hours!
I still control all of my workers and occasionally micromanage, though not often.
Way too much time wasted :)

And I thought only my wife considered this time waste!:mischief:
I considere it much more useful that watching SitComs...:D

Top Bottom