[SDKMOD] Modular XML Loading 2.0

Impaler[WrG];5188340 said:
As for the global exposure of XML values to Python, I've heard this idea before but I'm just now beginning to think of a way this could be done, by a series of Hash maps on CvInfoBase. This could be loaded up with every tag or at least the ones that aren't nested and exposed to Python through some kind of call similar to the GC.getIndexforString call. I think this is doable but would probably result in a rather hefty load slowdown and all calls to the data will be slowed by the string interpretation.

Actually a good start is just something that is better than CvInfoBase.xmlValue(), so that I don't have to run a ridiculously slow python XML parser or come up with a complicated regex. Perhaps just a few short functions similar to CvInfoBase.getXMLStringByTagName(szTagName). Should be fairly quick if there are no C++ gotchas I've forgotten about.

So, CIV4PromotionInfos.xml is NOT Supported? Damn, thats xml file I use the MOST in my mod.

EDIT: Crap, actually that makes it no point to merge it, too much work for too little gain :( - and I was hoping I could split up skills/equipment/items/buffs/etc

Whats the reason promotions aren't supported?

There is any hope to have Audios XML suport on Module System???

Not at this time, Firaxis did a lot to extend modular ability to new file types in BtS but their wasn't time to do Audio. Its also one of the least frequently moded parts of the game it was rightfully low priority.

Top Bottom