[BNW] Second city didn’t pick up pantheon

billby

Chieftain
I’ve never seen this before. Playing as Inca, managed to get a late pantheon when my empire was already at four cities. The capital, third and fourth city have the pantheon, it’s now 20 turns on and the second city, with a population of 6, is still sitting on only one pantheon follower. The second city is only five tiles from the capital, nearer than 3 and 4. What’s going on here? I haven’t found any reference explaining why a city hasn’t picked up the pantheon.

Pantheons don’t exert intercity pressure. If other religions are exerting pressure, any budding pantheon can get squeezed out. Also, once you found a religion your pantheon will no longer automatically appear in new cities.

Pantheons don’t exert intercity pressure. If other religions are exerting pressure, any budding pantheon can get squeezed out. Also, once you found a religion your pantheon will no longer automatically appear in new cities.

This was when I first created the pantheon, only my third and fourth cities got it. The, nearer to the capital, second city did not. According to the war academy article ALL your cities get the pantheon. I wonder if I found an obscure bug? If I hover over the city it says there is one follower out of five citizens.

City distance from the capital has no impact on pantheon, because there is no intercity pressure for pantheons. How many followers of other religions in that city?

City distance from the capital has no impact on pantheon, because there is no intercity pressure for pantheons. How many followers of other religions in that city?
None at all. It's on around turn 45, so nothing else within a dozen or so tiles. I reloaded and went back to the point where I can chose a pantheon, at that moment there is only the capital and the second city. The capital gets the pantheon, the second city does not. It's frustrating because I chose Religious Idols and the second city has one silver and one gold in its zone, so I fail to pick up the bonus. I'm convinced this is a bug.

OK. Here's the weird thing and the reason why I think this was a bug. I went back to the same point in the game earlier, and exactly the same thing happen all over again. So just now I went back to grab screen shots to illustrate. This time around, the second city picked up the pantheon. I think the extra faith and culture per turn will make quite a difference.

OK. Here's the weird thing and the reason why I think this was a bug. I went back to the same point in the game earlier, and exactly the same thing happen all over again. So just now I went back to grab screen shots to illustrate. This time around, the second city picked up the pantheon. I think the extra faith and culture per turn will make quite a difference.
Or maybe the first time you WERE holding your mouth just right, but you DIDN'T have your ankles crossed... happens to me ALL the time.

Top Bottom