Secret Societies

Civ4Gandalf13

Warlord
This suggestion would require some extension coding, but I offer it for discussion and consideration.

The game has a good espionage section. However, there is another real world example of espionage that might be incorporated into the game. Secret Societies have been present in our world for thousands of years. Perhaps some from of acknowledgment of secret societies could be introduced into the game. Initially, some Secret Societies that could be considered include: the Freemason, the Rosicrucians, the Illuminati, the Cincinnatus, Skull and Bones, and the Priory of Sion, even for some their mere existence has been questioned.

Bonuses for such secret societies could include higher success rates for espionage missions and higher success rates for diplomatic missions, and manipulation of certain religions. Of course, as entirely accurate information about the actual power of such secret societies if generally not available, much imagination would have to be used to determine their effects in the game. A parallel might be drawn to the criminal organizations already recognized in the game. Again the coding to implement this idea would be complex.

Thoughts?

Before I settled on the Syndicate system I was experimenting with a much wider group which included the Illuminati and Freemasons, as well as other NGOs like the Red Cross and Greenpeace. I may revisit some of those discarded ideas one day, but not a high priority.

Top Bottom