Should I Move Up to Emperor

Titanis Walleri

Chieftain
I decided to recently try my hand at playing King with BNW. After a few uncompleted games, I found like many others that the AI was much more peaceful, which suits my playing style very well, as I would rather build up my cities than build a military. S I decided to try my hand at King. I played a standard size, continents, quick speed. It really wasn't all that difficult. I played as Poland and got a decent start. I intended to win a diplomatic victory, but after finding that my science was quite beyond the rest of the world's,I committed to a science victory. In the mid-late game, I took five of the Shoshone's cities and China eliminated them. This conquest made me number one in all demographics except crop yield. I won a science victory on turn 266.

Considering my stroll my first King game, should I move up to Emperor or continue to practice on King?

Go for Emperor and play with a familiar strategy, or continue experimenting with new ways to play on King.

If you are the runaway on king, then yes, I'd suggest you go up to emperor. It plays a little different though, so be ready to adapt.

If you are the runaway on king, then yes, I'd suggest you go up to emperor. It plays a little different though, so be ready to adapt.

I wouldn't say I was the runaway. I only won by 100 hundred points and I didn't get there until extremely late.

I have read that some people think that the BNW King is eqivalent to the GK Prince. Any thoughts?

I wouldn't say I was the runaway. I only won by 100 hundred points and I didn't get there until extremely late.

Wow, 10000 points! I never had that much lead!

Joking aside, the points hardly matter unless you're going for time victories. For example, in my last game (Emperor) I was solidly on my way to victory since the Renaissance - I had an edge in the WC, a sound lead in science and top notch culture production. These pretty much spell out diplomatic victory, but my empire was small and the huge Austrian empire near me had almost as many points as me despite them having much less progress towards any VC than me.

Top Bottom