"Sid Meier's Civilization V has stopped working"

And the file extensions are enabled (see one of the earlier posts)?
Please also check your savegames folder. If you see some really, really, really big savegames (bigger than usual), then delete these, and try again.
Else I'm rather clueless now :dunno:.

Like the other guy, Civ now works on DirectX 9 but not 10 or 11. For 10 and 11 it just cuts to a black screen and after about 10 seconds the "civilization 5 is not responding" box pops up. I assume it's the same for him too.

And the file extensions are enabled (see one of the earlier posts)?
Please also check your savegames folder. If you see some really, really, really big savegames (bigger than usual), then delete these, and try again.
Else I'm rather clueless now :dunno:.

Deleted every single thing related to saved games,but it still wont work on DX10 and 11

More than likely, your graphics are below specs for running the game in DX10/11. You could try upgrading the video driver, but there is no guarantee that will fix the issue.

I re-looked at your DXdiag. It does list the nvidea 520. It is not loaded as the default GPU.

You may want to open the Nvidea options that you currently have and go through there to see if there is an update. You will at least want to turn on the Nvidea 520 and make it your default GPU.

Right now it is defaulting to the Intel HD Graphics, which is below the recomended specs.

Thanks, i went onto start and typed in Nvidia, and i got a Nvidia control panel. However, there doesn't seem to be any notification of an update, and how do i make my Nvidia 520 become my default GPU? Sorry, i'm not great with computers :)

I think that I had to go under Manage 3D settings. The second tab, program settings, I added Steam.

On the first tab Global settings under cuda it should say all.

I have older drivers, and an "optimized" nvidea 555M, so hopefully that puts you in the right direction.

Thanks but under cuda it does say all but still nothing. Also , when i add steam, it just opens system 32 and wants me to open something. I'm not sure what to do.

Is there a small house up on the menu bar in the Nvidea drivers?

That will take you to Nvidea's web sight for the latest drivers. Download the driver, but do not install it.

You should remove the current driver under the Control Panel "Uninstall Programs" option. Anything relating to Nvidea. Uninstall it and then find the driver in your downloaded file folder and install it.

That may resolve the issue hopefully. If you feel uncomfortable with doing that, then find another person that can help you. After this is done then rerun DXdiag and see if the Nvidea has been moved to the Graphics card spot.

Thank you so much!! :D It works now, now i'll check to download the latest drivers any time i'm having problems like this! :D

Bumping this 'cause I'm having the same problem as well. Other troubleshooting guides haven't been able to fix it. Drivers for the graphics card have been recently updated, dxdiag should be attached.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    41.9 KB · Views: 99
i have had i problem for the last week where civ 5 wont make it past the loading screen. I have occasionally made it to the clisk to continue part of the menu, but then it just crashes straight away! i have tried many solutions which havent worked (i.e reinstalling civ 5 and steam, validating game cache, skipping intro video, updating drivers, and much more). somebody please help, i am losing my :) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :). here is my DxDiag.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    80.1 KB · Views: 169
Top Bottom