Singleplayer mode for Civ World.

Eizo

Chieftain
This is a really odd one.

About 9h ago I bid 100 gold on the Lost City of Atlantis. I come back about 4h later to check on it and maybe bid more if someone else has outbid me (only 13 players in the game in total).

To my amazement I find that the countdown time for the auction is about the same as when I left it. Even weirder is that everything else in the market is about the same. But I'm so tired that I'm just happy that there suddenly is more time somehow, and go back to to bed.

I come back yet again about 4h later, and behold, it's the same trippy experience all over again. The auction timer has barely moved, the other things in the market has shifted their prices only one step up or down if they have shifted at all. And when I check the event log, nothing has happend in the last 8-9h when I have been away. Not a single thing, noone has logged in, no events has passed, not even the years has passed for what it should in this time frame.

It's seems like when I go away, the game pauses, and unpauses when I return. Just like a singleplayer game.

EDIT: Locke's Game, 4457.

Time seems to have started again, though it's 1h 20 min left on the auction that should have ended some 10h ago. :shifty:

Ok, the auction ended now (I won it). But it really seems to want to stick around, because it started anew. :twitch:

If no player in your game is online, the clock stops. Normally this isn't an issue in large games with over 150 players, but it is a problem for small games with say only 50 players.

Top Bottom