Slider Information 1892

Kev

Hired Goon
Well, we're at 70% taxes and 30% luxuries right now. At 0% science we're getting techs every 12 turns - but it's actually every 1 or 2 thanks to VERY lucrative trading.

The 70% in taxes gives us almost 5,000 gold per turn not even considering any trade profit! You can see why I was buying everything.

Anyway, since we're just about done with the SS, perhaps we'd like to explore moving the luxuries up to get even more cities to celebrate. At 60/40 we'd earn about 4,000 gold per turn and 50/50 would give us a bit over 3,000. Of course, the more luxuries the more celebrating.

So let me know how you would all like to move forward.

Although we're not bothering to terraform or farm the land to get a bigger score, I think that we should take out the Zulus and then launch the spaceship. When the SS is launched then we should put the luxuries up to 80 or 90% and celebrate away. We'll only need enough cash to buy colosseums here and there to keep the celebrations going and for cities that may not reach size 3 before the end then we should donate them enough engineers.
We may not be going for a big score, but as big a score as possible would be nice. :D

Same- I say leave it like it is, and when we launch the SS, put up luxuries to 80 or 90.

We decided some time ago that we weren't going to go for an enormous score with this game and that we should launch the SS straight off. We have pots of cash, are researching FTs and with celebration can get a reasonable score with the world as it is. Everyone is welcome to download the game and try to coax a better score out of it - there are islands in the west of the world map that require settling - but for the official game then we should end it as soon as we can. I don't think that Kev would really want to try and milk the game for score, especially as we don't have enough engineers at this point to do it seriously.

It could be quite a nice idea to destroy the Zulus before we launch but I don't mind too much as it will be Kev who has to do the writeup.

I agree with general consensus here thus far-destroy the Zulus, launch the SS, put luxuries up to 80 or 90 until it lands. To stretch out the game at this point just trying to micromanage a higher score will get tedious to play as a democracy game. Really, what would there be for us to decide upon? I'm afraid some might start to lose interest. The game is won, I don't care that much how high the score is. Lets finish this one off in a reasonable manner and start another.

As for current, sounds like we've got almost more gold than Kev can spend, so why not bump luxuries up a bit now before SS launch? 50/50 sounds like a good balance to me if it gets a bunch of extra cities celebrating. Will need to make sure enough cities are celebratin AND actually growing to make it worthwhile.

Top Bottom