So in my last 3 games Hiawatha was always the runaway..

Hakuoh

Warlord
I hate him..
I think he is the best Ai in Civ and he always in on Top of the score and techlist.
Hes like Rome but doesnt warmonger so much so he gets friends while Rome doesnt.
I dont like Conquest very much but since no Ai will stop him its always my job.

The same with Ethopia if you let him be he will spread his Religion like madness and build every Wonder he can.. he once got all 3 religios wonders somehow.

Yeah, Hiawatha seems to have that perfect set of abilities that the AI manages to use really well most of the time. I think it's really Great Warpath and the forest starting bias that does it.

Weird. Ever since BNW his performance has been off. In 4 rolls with him on the map he hasn't run away yet and only once was it due to my "intervention".

Hiawatha is CRAZY! I think it's the Longhouses, they add up to make the Iroquois a production power-house, able to pump out military units faster than other civs.

The reason the Iroquois and the Romans seem so good in AI hands is because they have perks that make wide empires stronger, and the AI loves wide empires. While not having any means of getting extra happiness make them balanced (or, in the Iroquois case, kinda weak) in the hands of a human player, the AI's disregard for the happiness mechanic make them stand out as powerful civs.

I know Augustus has a fearsome reputation, but I've actually never seen AI Rome do very well - they always seem to get conquered in my games. Once you've made it passed that dangerous Legion/Ballista phase in the classical era, Rome becomes pretty easy to roll.

Top Bottom