Some easily fixable UI foibles

SpookyDillows

Chieftain
There are a few minor tweaks to the UI (also present in the base game) that would fix some annoyances I have:

1) Camera linger. When an event happens (combat, phasal transport, etc.) the camera doesn't hang around long enough before rushing off to the next thing so I'm left wondering what just happened (or I was cut off from savouring what just happened). Maybe it's a personal preference but I'd like it to linger for just a little longer (quarter second?) If this would annoy others too much perhap a 'linger slider' in the interface options so that people can set their own duration?

2) Event ordering in the UI. In a game yesterday when I hit a key to fire a shot that would take Kharbrost the graphic started to change to display Koslov to show his defeat words before the shot had actually left the boat and before the city actually changed hands. This non-causality is rather jarring. There are other examples, such as the ordering of pop ups for quest rewards and affinity upgrades ('Gifts from Home' used to tell you about the the end of quest bonus before giving you the reward for the last pod opened - not sure if this is fixed in BERT).

3) Where was that station? When a new station appears the UI scrolls to centre on it, but it is then covered by the pop up window so I can't see where it has just appeared. When I dismiss the pop-up, the focus of the main window rushes off to centre on the next event so I then have to search the map to find the station. That feels a bit broken.

Agreed on all of these.

For the camera linger I would like it to hang around long enough to see any rewards (XP, Culture, Science). As a work around, I disable auto select advance (or whatever the option is called) and manually move to the next unit.

The popups in general are uncomfortable. I'm wanting to see what is happening on world map, but have to deal with the pop ups at the same time. I would rather the pop ups wait until all AI/alien moves have been completed before popping up. I want to enjoy the immersion, not rush through the pop ups.

Top Bottom