Someone help?

wolflol

Chieftain
Every time i try to host people see and join my game, but when i click luanch, i move to the setup screen and everyone gets stuck at the "Attempting to connect to multiplayer game" screen... The countdown keeps restarting. I've portforwarded, even disabled my fire wall... I've tried both wireless and ethernet (I'm on a laptop) It has worked before, I don't know why it stopped...

I think I've seen the same symptom once in one of my games. We found out, what the problem was and solved it as follows:
The game had originally been started with 5 human players. One dropped out after the first session of play, so we decided to go on with 4 people. So four of us joined the game, I launched it, and then we got the same error message as you got.
The solution was: I found a spare 5th PC and logged in the missing 5th user from that PC. Then I was able to launch successfully, and afterwards I just retired that 5th player.

If you are starting a fresh game (i.e. not loading a previously saved game), the same error might be caused by the following: there are still open slots for human players, which haven't joined the game yet. Just switch them to "None" or to the Computer.

Regards, Lanzelot

Top Bottom