SOS Mods won't work! Please help.

YarryPotter

Chieftain
Okay so I am very new to the Civ world and just started playing Civ 5 like yesterday and love it! I was looking at all the cool and creative mods and downloaded some that I thought would be cool to play! So I downloaded them through Civ 5 and they appeared on my mod list and everything and I was enabling them and launching a game through the mod menu. But none of them showed up.
So I looked online and did the whole go into the cache folder and delete the Civ5ModDatabase or whatever did that reopened and it still didn't work.
I also did the put .zip at the end of the mods and extract them into 7zip and that didn't work. So now I am just confused and cannot figure anything out.

Can anyone help?
I rarely use mods, so can't give specific help, but you'll probably get a better (and more helpful) response over in the Creation and Customisation forum.

Okay so I am very new to the Civ world and just started playing Civ 5 like yesterday and love it!
Welcome to the forums!
I was looking at all the cool and creative mods and downloaded some that I thought would be cool to play!
FWIW, the game is very good without mods. I do not bother with them myself. I think it is bad idea to change the game without playing a good bit without mods. There are 43 different civs, so 43 unique abilities, and 86+ unique units and buildings. As a new player, should you not try and get a handle on the core game before messing with mods?
I rarely use mods, so can't give specific help, but you'll probably get a better (and more helpful) response over in the Creation and Customisation forum.
FWIW, those folks seem to be oriented to creating mods. I never got much help there when I was first trying to use mods. I think this is the better forum for newb questions.
...So I downloaded them through Civ 5 and they appeared on my mod list and everything and I was enabling them and launching a game through the mod menu.
(1) Downloading, (2) Installing, (3) Enabling, and (4) Using -- are actually four distinct steps. Nowadays (1) and (2) are optionally a simple in-game process, and it can be pretty seamless.
You mention (3) Enabling. Are you getting a screen something like this?
View attachment 405078
If not, please attach a screen shot showing why you wrote that “they appeared on my mod list and everything”.
But none of them showed up.
I think your characterization of “launching a game” is my step (4) Using. After clicking the “Next” button (from the screenshot link above), are you getting a screen like this?
View attachment 405079
If so, then the next step is to click the words “Single Player”. It took me hours to realize that was button! :blush:
So I looked online and did the whole go into the cache folder and delete the Civ5ModDatabase or whatever did that reopened and it still didn't work.
I also did the put .zip at the end of the mods and extract them into 7zip and that didn't work. So now I am just confused and cannot figure anything out.
Sorry, but none of that sounds like it could have been helpful, and may have made things worse! Those are things people tried from when mods first became available and (1) Downloading was a distinct step from (2) Installing, and from when (2) could be a challenge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom