Space race screen hangup (Civ3 Complete) (Win8.1)

kris_131

Chieftain
Hey, I have Civ3 complete on Steam and sometimes game hang ups in space race screen :( Is it fixable?

ahh, it's not "game hangs ups after space race victory" problem, it's problem like "I wonder how many parts of space ship was built... god dammit game hanged!"
I'd noticed this problem in a CCM 1.8 game a couple of months back, but I'd put that down to it being a Mod (a very good one, but still not completely de-bugged!).

However, I now seem to be getting it in my current (unmodded) epic game as well.
Spoiler Game details :
Large but otherwise fully Randomised 60% water Archi-map at Emperor; I lead the Zulus, and there are 4 AI-Civs remaining of the initial 11. Having been several techs behind the larger AI-Civs for most of the game, I managed to engineer a 5-front war against the tech-leader, the Ottomans: Although I have since made peace with Osman (after losing 3 Tank-Armies to his Bombers, during a doomed attempt to assist the 2 'allies' who shared a continent with him), I now have a 2-tech lead over him (and everyone else), and am on course to win a Space-race (just got Superconductor, researching Nuclear Power for Laser/Robotics; 3 Ship-components already built, 4 currently under construction)
Although the first Ship-component (Cockpit, I think) was added without a problem, I have suffered several game-hangs ("Civilization 3 is not responding") during subsequent interturns, as additional Ship-components were completed, forcing me to EndTask, restart C3C, and then reload from the last (auto)save.

For me, the hang actually seems to be triggered by clicking on the 'X' on the Spaceship (F10) screen: when I simply press 'Enter' instead, I get taken back to the "What should CityX build next?" pop-up on the main map-screen.

So if you're getting to the Space-race screen directly by pressing 'F10', maybe you could try pressing one of the other F-keys to get out of it? :dunno:
Spoiler C3C installation details :
— Win8.1 box
— DL-copy from GamersGate (bought/installed prior to C3C becoming available on Steam)
— Custom install-location on secondary HDD (D:\Games\Civ3\), rather than the default location in C:\ProgramFiles\
— Dual monitors; Civ3 runs on the primary (1600*1200), CivAssist + WindowsMP on the secondary (1680*1050)
— Secondary monitor directly below primary; 'KeepRes=0' set in the config.ini to keep the game-screen from spilling (down) onto the secondary

Top Bottom