[CTP] Sprite Tools?

Wiw

Chieftain
Just wondering if anyone knows of a sprite extractor for Call to Power. Either 1 or 2, or both.

Hi, I have a thread here. I am curious to meet current players of civ ctp. Can you help. I have no info on sprites, sorry.

Kull also recently wrote up a nice CTP Sprite editing guide on Apolyton here:

@Civinator what's the sprite editor for Civ3 again? I can't find my bookmark for it and someone is asking on the CTP discord about it as they're interested in porting Civ3 sprites into CTP.

@Civinator what's the sprite editor for Civ3 again? I can't find my bookmark for it and someone is asking on the CTP discord about it as they're interested in porting Civ3 sprites into CTP.
The most common tools for creating Civ 3 units are FLICster and Civ3MMToolkit. If only existing Civ 3 unit sprites should be extracted and converted to other formats, this can be done comfortably by simply using Jasc Animation Shop. For my animated gifs in the Civ 2 forums I always use Animation Shop, as this software also holds the flc format.

Animation Shop.jpg

The tools FLICster and Civ3MMToolkit must only be used to transfer extracted sprites back to the special modified flc format, that is used in Civ 3 and is not supported by Animation Shop, but of course FLICster and Civ3MMToolkit can also be used to extract Civ 3 unit sprites.

Last edited:
Top Bottom