Star Wars Frontier Plus

clanky4

Emperor
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/star-wars-frontier-plus.26139/

Update: Should no longer require Final Frontier Plus, Changed the background of the Republic flag to blue.

Spoiler :

Star Wars Frontier Plus: a modmodmod. I've been informed that older versions requires Final Frontier Plus: God-Emperor and TC01:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/download-here.365908/

As of II this should no longer be the case.

Adds the CIS, Republic, Galactic Empire, and Rebel Alliance as playable civilizations to the Final Frontier Plus mod. Complete with leaderheads, flags, and a largely unique unitartstyle.

CIS, Republic, Galactic Empire, and Rebel Alliance have one UU, one UB, one trait(based off of FFP trait), largely unique unitartstyle, and two Leaderheads.

The Hutt Cartel and the Black Sun were last minute additions they both have a UU, UB, and one trait based off of FFP. They use vanilla ships and each only have one leaderhead.

Some of the Leaderheads are animated but the bulk are static. If you would rather have them all be static see the included Assets/credits.txt file.

Tech quotes were altered to something more star wars appropriate but less appropriate over all.

Last edited:

I get this error when I try to start up the mod.

I'm using the non-Steam version of BtS, if that helps.

I do like the new unit graphics though.

Try to load and instal final frontier plus, installing that worked for me. Before same error than you get..

I do like the new unit graphics though.

Try to load and instal final frontier plus, installing that worked for me. Before same error than you get..

Thank you for sharing that information. I have added it to the description in case anyone else has that issue. Out of curiosity do you also have a non-steam version of civilization 4?

edit: Just uninstalled Final Frontier Plus, that is what seems to be causing GFC error. I wonder what is causing the dependency.

edit 2: Ok turns out it was being caused by:
Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml
Resource\Civ4.thm

They both have a line that refers to mod's path almost directly respectively:
Mods/Final Frontier Plus/Resource/Civ4.thm
Mods/Final Frontier Plus/Resource

Editing the paths to be more generic got rid of the sci fi transparent HUD, and replaced it with the vanilla, and in my opinion far more visible, opaque HUD. It is one of the things I didn't like about Final Frontier it was so dark. You can make something look dark without it being difficult to see.

Comparison of the two
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Anyway so that should be that problem solved I just need to change the name of the mod in those files. I'm sure it is noted somewhere in the FF modding forum, I must have just missed it.

Last edited:
Hey sorry for the ignorance, but how do I install this?

1 - Install Final Frontier Plus 1.83, the version that comes with Final Frontier (.exe installer) in ...\Steam\...\Sid ... IV Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier Plus
2 - Install FFP 1.84 patch with installer in the same dir.
3 - Extract Star Wars Frontier Plus.
4 - Where do I put SW Frontier Plus folder? In ...\... Beyond The Sword\Mods\Star Wars Frontier Plus? Or do I replace Final Frontier Plus files inside its folder?
5 - After that, how do I launch the mod?

I tried placing the folder in Beyond the Sword\Mods but it didn't appear on the Load a Mod list (just Final Frontier)

Thank you in advance!

The mod should be placed in a location similar to this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

It'll vary depending on where you have Civilization installed at.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods.

Oh I was placing it in Civ IV BtS\Mods instead of Civ IV BtS\Beyond the Sword\Mods. Thank you!

Great mod so far and I love to play it, but ...

The button of the Omega Cruiser of Princesin Leia Rebel Alliance ist not defined in the game. If I go in a city (system) and try to build a Omega Cruiser, I see only a pink button. If you try to build one and click it anyway, it creates a Crash to Desktop.

Is there a chance for a fix?

Thank you for this great mod and sorry about my english.

The button was misnamed. I changed it and reuploaded it. Sorry for the delay.

I downloaded the Star Wars Frontier Plus 1 and 2, but neither self installs, there is not installer option. What are the instructions to install it manually?

Top Bottom