Starbases

PsiCorps

FF: Babylon 5 mod team
I know that this is a long shot but, if the FFP mod is still alive and being worked on, I've had an idea for Starbases that would, quite possibly make a massive difference to the way the game is played.

This started with an idea I had for the B5 mod but I've revisited the idea and modified it now.

First of all the Alpha Starbase once built needs to be connected to your trade network in order for it to function normally.
Connecting the Alpha Starbase to your trade network would automatically draw 2 :food: from the closest connected Star system.
Should this connection be lost the Alpha Starbase cannot perform any offensive operations, so no bombard and any fighters/bombers based on it would not be able to perform any intercept/bomb or recon missions. In addition it would defend at half strength.

Once the Alpha Starbase is upgraded to a Beta Starbase the amount of :food: drawn from the closest star system is reduced by one. This represents the Beta Starbase becoming more self sufficient.
Should the connection to the trade network be severed then the Beta Starbase could function for between 1 and 4 turns before losing its offensive capabilities and being reduced to the same restrictions as an Alpha Starbase cut off from supply.

After upgrading the Beta Starbase to an Omega Starbase the base becomes self sufficient, able to generate revenue for the owning Civ either a percentage increase or a fixed credit value. Any trade revenue could be affected by mining installations within the Starbases sphere (square) of influence.

An additional change that could be considered is for the Omega Starbase to build Fighter/Bomber Squadrons instead of missiles.

Trade revenue could be extended backwards as well, so the Alpha Starbase would have a small benefit to the owners empire, with the Beta Starbase generating more benefits and the Omega Starbase the best benefits.

If there's no further work being done on this Mod, then thanks for reading this.

Top Bottom