Starcraft II Trilogy

GoodSarmatian

Jokerfied Western Male
At BlizzCon08 Blizzard has announced that Starcraft II will be trilogy with one campaign per part. The reason they gave is that the Terran campaign has become so big that they had the choice to either cut it down or delay it or neglect the Zerg and Protos campaigns if tarcraft II were to be released as a single game.
The first part will be called Wings of Liberty and contain the Terran single player campaign spanning 25-30 missions. The Zerg and Protoss will of course be fully playable in multipayer.
Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void will feature the Zerg and Protoss campaigns and "new additions to multiplayer" and probably be somewhere between a full a and an expansion pack.

Additionally the races in the campaign will play diferently than in multiplayer with Jim Raynor having access to obsolete technologies (like Goliaths), the Zerg having Kerrigan as a WarcraftIII-style hero who gets stronger with each mission.

Opinions ?

looks like theyre just trying to milk the game for all its worth. and too bad itll work, or me at least :(

Then us Blizzard fanboys with little money will just have to wait for the obvious Starcraft II Battlechest. :(

Nah, I expect only the first part will be full-price, and there will be some time between releases.

Then us Blizzard fanboys with little money will just have to wait for the obvious Starcraft II Battlechest. :(
Or don't wait and go TPB. I think I will buy one of them and TPB the rest. Will probably get the BattleChest in the future just to pay them what I think it is worth.

Or don't wait and go TPB. I think I will buy one of them and TPB the rest. Will probably get the BattleChest in the future just to pay them what I think it is worth.

Lagality aside, Blizzard will probably prevent such behaviour with additional multiplayer content in part two and three.

this sucks, especially for protoss fans everywhere (plus me)

way to milk the cash cow blizzard

Lagality aside, Blizzard will probably prevent such behaviour with additional multiplayer content in part two and three.
Hence BattleChess purchase later on. :)

I bought at least two copied of SC and BW full price- I like Bliz products but I don't have the same disposable income anymore now that I have 6 kids.

Top Bottom