Strange Squared Tile Glitch.

I do not have any Mods running. I have saved and loaded game a number of times and no change. I am running the Mac version of the game. When I move location in the game it updates the screen and sometimes it quickly go through some grey section as the graphics catches up with the moved location, this this location never changes. It is like the coding for this location is wrong.

Moderator Action: Thread merged with existing thread on the same topic in the Confirmed Bugs forum.

I do not have any Mods running. I have saved and loaded game a number of times and no change. I am running the Mac version of the game. When I move location in the game it updates the screen and sometimes it quickly go through some grey section as the graphics catches up with the moved location, this this location never changes. It is like the coding for this location is wrong.

Although that's possible, the graphic displayed looks like its the low res texture that is used before it is wrapped around the 3D geography. You did leave the screen for a full 5 minutes on the location ? You may find it has somehow become a low priority and therefor the game needs to update everything first. Giving it time will allow it to iterate through all the locations and load them. Worth a try.

You could try moving a land unit/sea unit through the area to see if that forces an update.

Outside of that you could try.

Forcing the graphics to reload everything by setting all your graphics settings to low and then loading up the game, saving (in case the texture is somehow attached to the save), then, exiting Civ, starting Civ, changing the settings to high and then reloading. Zoom in and scroll around the spot (whilst always keeping it on screen) to force a priority reload in that area.

That's all I got, short of updating your graphic drivers and hoping its a driver issue.

This crops up occasionally, but wouldn't be surprised if there was a mod conflict or an out-of-date mod that needs to be updated.

Yes, this glitch has been in the game since the original release.

Moderator Action: Thread merged with existing thread in the Confirmed Bugs subforum.

Top Bottom