strategy for ancient start

did you see mt game theory vs builder on you tube? looks like he did a size 5 cap with early gran and barracks then spam city and spam archers with a few swords in front, beeline xbows and upgrade 3 archers, i didnt watch the whole vid but he got xbow turn 61 ish (france) maybe he made the GL and took a free scientist. he had 15 or so archers, so even builders legions were getting cut down, (25 hammers for archer) gold per turn is an issue and also builder was making the pyramids as his army pushed!!!!!

I saw the video. Basicly Gametheory do the same thing he allways does. That is making infinite number of settlers in capital. Never tall allways wide. even adavansing into enemy territory by making more cities. the difference from earlier is that he dont push so much with swords but build archers insted. Most probably going straight for crossbows and using the liberty GP and take GS to bulb crossbows. I guess apart from some luxery techs needed for grwoth he go straight for it.

Its a very simple but highly effective strategy. Cap size 3 only making settlers, the rest make only army (mabye a few workers in the cities in the back, i dont know) And just spam cities like crazy, to the front to the back and everywhere.

well I might say it is very simple IN THEORY. Mr Gametheory is an expert at this strategy so I guess its also about where and how to plant the cities etc. One thing that I would like to also point out is that all thought this might sound as an all in strategy it has several advanatages. Early on you will make as much science output since you will have so many cities as one with few cities. You will also make a lot of gold. Also defending a city is a bit easier then taking one. This strategy means that no city is important except the capital. If a city falls it doesnt really matter while if one city falls for someone having mabye 4 cities that has grown a bit it really hurts.

did you see mt game theory vs builder on you tube? looks like he did a size 5 cap with early gran and barracks then spam city and spam archers with a few swords in front, beeline xbows and upgrade 3 archers, i didnt watch the whole vid but he got xbow turn 61 ish (france) maybe he made the GL and took a free scientist. he had 15 or so archers, so even builders legions were getting cut down, (25 hammers for archer) gold per turn is an issue and also builder was making the pyramids as his army pushed!!!!!

to me it looks like Mr games cap is size 3 all the time. Its builder who let his cap grwo to size 5.

i tried it with a size 4 cap then settlers and got xbows turn 61 with GL bulb metal cast and great sci mach. fielding 4-6 swords and 10 archers was a strain on gold. could only aford to upgrade 1 archer. (arabia)

Top Bottom