Stripped Mod

It removes most of the Civ4 default settings like buildings, units, civilizations, technologies, and etc.]

I don't understand. Why do you call buildings etc. settings? What does this mod do?

I don't understand. Why do you call buildings etc. settings? What does this mod do?

The mod starts you with a single lion unit. The only building you have is the palace. Agriculture is the only technology. I could probably even remove more, but I did enough that I thought it may be useful. It is only intended for people who want to totally redo Civ4 into a different setting versus the normal game.

Thanks for the explanation. I see what you're getting at now!

I wonder if I could use it to build a very primitive mod like one where you can only build one type of unit etc
:hmmm:

Well I did say not really a mod component. It is the opposite of adding something new. Which I think this is kinda backwards on the idea of new components.

Ah, Barebones for 3.19. I could look, but I'll ask: Did you remove rels, unitcombats, builds, promotions, civics, art defines, unitcombats, builds, bonuses, clean the l system? If you removed civs did you get rid of the diplo stuff? You could get really stripped, get rid of terrains, features. Of course, removing techs and everything that uses them is a chore unto itself. Its better than piecemeal as you go removing, its all so interlinked. Much faster to add it once knowing what all is involved. Thus no reinventing the wheel.

I could not remove the terrain and still load the mod without doing more modifications. I did remove all of the leaders except for 2 and 2 civs to match them. It can be probably stripped down further. I just figured I would post what I had.

Very useful, thanks. Using it as a base for my mod and so far, touch wood, no crashes.

Adding a barebones bare bones tag here so future modders searching for this might have better chance of finding it using the forum search function.

Top Bottom