• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Suggestion: Make property filters for already built buildings.

raxo2222

Time Traveller
Now typical cities can contain 50 - 200+ buildings at any point of gameplay, and most of them doesn't modify any properties.

It would be nice to show only buildings, that modify properties.

The property filters are on the second page of filters. There's an up/down arrow at the far right of the filter buttons to switch pages.

So... it's there already, well as it can be at least.

The property filters are on the second page of filters. There's an up/down arrow at the far right of the filter buttons to switch pages.

So... it's there already, well as it can be at least.
Well its here for not yet built buildings.
I'm asking for built buildings one ;)

You can't show built buildings in the build selection queue. And you can't filter there either.

I never said anything about build selection queue.
I meant list of already created buildings.

So it is possible to filter that list? If not at least can be it sorted by something else than name?

So it is possible to filter that list? If not at least can be it sorted by something else than name?
I wouldn't know how.

Yes it is possible. Almost everything is if you can find a programmer willing to spend the time. :) However the bit of code that does it is the one that is 5000-7000 lines long and contains the code that adds the filters to the "to build" section. If we were to also add it to the Building section of the city screen I would like to see some reuse of code or something. Or maybe redo it in a different way. C2C already has tabs for Buildings, Special and Wonder maybe replace that with a filter mechanism.

Why do you want a filter that shows you buildings you have already built. :confused:

Look at the build list.

Why do you want a filter that shows you buildings you have already built. :confused:

Look at the build list.
To refer to buildings having a property manipulation effect on the city. Perhaps for removal?

To refer to buildings having a property manipulation effect on the city. Perhaps for removal?
Yep, and as general reference :)
Also it will be easy to see which buildings are pushing properties trough roof or floor.
For example in my game pollution is extreme, education is very high, and water pollution, crime and disease are negative, when I reached Information era.

Top Bottom