[C3C] Suicidal AI Scouts?

Fergei

Warlord
I'm doing some testing of mods with only AI Civs and showing the full map - using Civ Complete, v1.22. I usually don't animate moves, but for once I left animated moves on by accident and saw that my Expansionist AI Civs all kill / disband their scouts on the first turn. The exception is if there is a goody hut on their capital's boundary, in which case they get the goody hut and run obediently home to be euthanised in the following turn.

Thinking that this might be a fault with my mod, I used the unaltered 'Quick Civ.biq' that comes with the game. It was the same story. I tried different difficulty settings, it was the same story. I've loaded up unaltered PTW Mods that came with the game, same story.

Sometimes it generates extra shields, sometimes it doesn't.

Is this a known issue? Is there a solution? Am I going mad? No wonder Expansionist AI Civs really struggle in my games when they disband their main advantage on the first turn.

Did you remove the fog of war and reveal the map with a savegame editor or something similar?

With the map visible for the KI they see no need for scouting and... Scouts.

The debug mode on the other side seems only to affect the human player, while the KI still thinks the map is unknown.

Did you remove the fog of war and reveal the map with a savegame editor or something similar?

With the map visible for the KI they see no need for scouting and... Scouts.

The debug mode on the other side seems only to affect the human player, while the KI still thinks the map is unknown.

I didnt realise it was a revealed map for the AI too. Makes perfect sense, thanks!

Top Bottom