Super spies/Assasins

jammerculture

Prince
I am really interested in playing a game or two devoted to utilizing this new aspect of the game but am unsure how to proceed to maximize it's use. For example, which civs would be best. I am thinking there is some synergy with the Byzantine UP, but they will be unable to utilize the assassins aspect of it. The Fatimids, I would think would best suited to attracting the required company, I can't think of any others that have natural synergy. Buyids if they were playable. Seljuks maybe if you convert to Shia. I would rather use the feature without too much ahistorical craziness (Shia byzantines :crazyeye:) <--- edit: come to think of it I'm gonna have to try this

Has anyone else had any success or have any good stories about this new aspect of the mod? Which civs and strategies do you use to get the assassin company?

I think when i am done my current game attempt (Ghaznavid UHV) i want to devote a couple of games to exploring this part of the mod. i think the first attempt will be as the Fatimids, attempting to cleanse the holy land of infidels using clandestine means.

Shia state religion is not required to get the Hashshashiyya. You only need Shia Islam in the city.

The two crusader civs are probably best candidates for assassin employers, then all the Egyptian civs.

Doh! Ok that changes things up immensely. I'm pretty sure civilopedia says Shia state religion, although maybe that just helps get them.

also, in the "two birds with one stone" file, I have never played a game as either crusader state. for some reason I have trouble with civs that spawn "in the thick of it". I get paralyzed with indecision when I have to jump right into it instead of spending a few turns getting "the lay of the land".

Syria and Iran is where they usually appear.

Assassins are spies that come with a promotion bonus. You use them the same way.

Yeah I got that now. For some reason I thought they were going to be offensive units like the Nizari barbs or something like that. All in all I thought there was more too it then there was.

But they used to be offensive units like the Nizari barbs (which is the old unit actually) before SuperSpies got implemented.

Top Bottom