System enclosed by radation cloud

SavioursSamurai

Chieftain
I just downloaded this mod the other day, and I love it! It greatly improves the original mod. I encountered an odd bug with my most recent game - the Red Syndicate offered to be my vassal (I'm playing as New Earth), and this is great. However, I noticed that they only had two star systems, and I looked into why. Their capitol system was entirely enclosed by a radiation cloud, so there was no way for them to send out settlers from it or connect it to Exchange, which I assume must be an alien race that joined their empire. I tried to fix this by going into world builder and replacing two tiles of radiation with empty space, but for some reason I was getting plains tiles. I reloaded and just changed the radiation to asteroids.

So, is there a way to ensure that a star system will always have at least one tile free of radiation if otherwise encircled by it?

P.S. I tried to get a screenshot of this, but am having difficulties with that.

Things like this happen from time to time. No map script does any checking for this sort of thing. They could be made to do so (but probably won't).

You should note that in the recent versions of FFP (since version 1.8, released in May of 2012) it has become possible for late game construction ships and colony ships to move through radiation clouds via the upgraded delta versions. Late in the game it is possible to colonize star systems that are cut off by radiation clouds (possibly in conjunction with nebula and map edges) and build routes through radiation clouds. This helps use star systems that are cut off, but it does not help if it is a starting system for someone.

You can see a few interesting maps with sealed off areas over in the Funny FFP screenshots thread. Those situations were what lead to the second generation construction ships and colony ships being added, as well as the "hardened shields" promotion and the ability to get late game ships to be able to move through nebula.

Top Bottom