T & T T7D1 - Term VII Science Goals

RegentMan

Deity
New term, new discussion thread. Plus, I haven't seen any recent discussion, so...

Here's what I have lined up:
1. The Corporation (Two turns)
2. Refining
3. Steel
4. Combustion
5. Mass Production

Of course, it's entirely up to you, Fanatikos. Do we want to grab any of the optional technologies to get police stations or spying? Do ironclads tickle our fancy? Is flight more important than mass production? Let your opinion be known!

IMO, you've lined them up correctly. I would follow those with Motorized Transportation, and then Flight. Good work.

Agreed - Tanks, THEN Planes.

After all, I've got a continent to cleanse, an invasion to plan and Japanese hopes to crush beneath the treads of my armor brigades.

I'm swamped!

-- Ravensfire

1. Mass Production
2. Motorized Transportation
3. Flight
4. Fission
5. Computers

Look good? Do we want to pick up amphibious warfare for marines in case we take on Japan? Or instead of computers, do we want to head for modern armor for a big firepower advantage?

About victory: if we're going for spaceship, then I'll make sure space techs are our priority.

Hopefully we'll get a tech other than Ecology as our free tech, but considering how far we are ahead and ignoring the free tech issue I would probably go:

1. Flight (obviously)
2. Rocketry (to reveal the Aluminium)
3. Computers (for Research Lab & MI which need Al)

It then depends on how far the other Civs are behind us. If we still have a good lead:

4a. Space Flight (to get us started on the Apollo Programme)
5a. Fission (for UN and Uranium)

or if the other Civs are close and we need to build UN and locate Uranium quickly:

4b. Fission
5b. Space Flight

6. Ecology (Pollution is annoying)

Flight->computers (MI don't need aluminum)->rocketry->space flight->fission->ecology->synthetic fibers might be good.
Or flight->computers->rocketry->ecology->synthetic fibers if we want a conquest victory.
By the way Japan needs 11 techs to reach the modern age if I've counted correctly.

Top Bottom