TechWindow

Original CvTechSplashScreen file. Can be reinstalled from your original civ IV disk. I don't think it right to give out Original main files.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'll reinstall CivIV, then patch it, then apply your Mod only to Mod folders next time. Thanks!

Your work is greatly appreciated -- I really like the improvement your splash screens offer.

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post my question:

I installed TechWindow and I really like the improvement! Unfortunately, I installed it in my game directory, not a mod directory. Naturally, it worked just fine until I attempted to load a succession savegame and got the "locked assets" warning and the game exited.

Where can I find a copy of the original CvTechSplashScreen file? You guessed it -- I didn't make a backup copy when I installed; I just overwrote the original. :cry:
Well you could reinstall the game, if you backup the right files you won't even loose any of your settings (and saves are not deleted anyway) so it's just a lost half an hour or so.

Or perhaps a kind soul will post the file here so you can download it (I'm not at home so I can't do that). :)

Btw, I don't know if warlords changed the tech screen file or not but just to be on the safe side, specify what version of civ (vanilla warlords, latest patch) you're running. That is if you'd like somebody to post the file.

Oh and I trust you will never ever make that mistake again. You know what they say - every time a mod overwrites installation files an angel looses his wings. :D

Edit: Darn it Roamty! There is no place for prompt, succinct and to the point posts on these boards, take that stuff elsewhere. :lol:

LOL, Rabbit, White!

Roamty is right -- it would feel kinda smarmy to grab an original installation file off the forum here. The reinstall, repatch will work fine for me.

And please, no more lectures about backups! ;) :)

Top Bottom