Tenets

Howard Mahler

Since Civ 1
I am not a fan of the negative tenets.

Having said that, it seems at least to me, that Prayer is clearly the best (least bad) one to choose.
Yes it is a pain, but it only effects two types of great people. (I understand the logic.)

I take Prayer and just avoid as much as possible running these two types of great person; there are many other types to run which are also useful.
In most circumstances this seems preferable to the other negative tenets.

Do others feel the same way?

I am not a fan of the negative tenets.

Having said that, it seems at least to me, that Prayer is clearly the best (least bad) one to choose.
Yes it is a pain, but it only effects two types of great people. (I understand the logic.)

I take Prayer and just avoid as much as possible running these two types of great person; there are many other types to run which are also useful.
In most circumstances this seems preferable to the other negative tenets.

Do others feel the same way?
I personally like the negative tenets, one of my favorite parts of HR is the trade-offs. For tenets its the negative trait, whereas for civics, its the dissent associated with the civics.
As for the least bad negative tenet, I think it all comes down to play style. For my play style, I use a lot of doctors so Prayer is probably a worse tenet for a player like me, so I tend to avoid it. I've used all the negative tenets before though, and I think Ceremony is probably the worse though, just because the capital usually produces the most gold, and the city maintenance increase is very costly. Usually I start out with Sacrifice (because I don't have the health/happiness to grow early game), then I'll switch to Meditation after I've built a strong enough military to defend myself, and I'll finally go Apostasy and modernize my military to defend against any AI that attack because of the negative opinion i gained.

In my case depends on each game, but usually the most of the time I stay on Meditation tenet, but I also use Sacrifice, Preyer or Idolatry depending on how the game is running.

Eh, i posting it probably on wrong string but i though s something insane. Better for all of us if it will newer be use. (probably)

(Worshiping), Obsessions (?), Culture/National Needs (?)
A:
+10% maintenance from distant of cities
+10% production required to construct for economic buildings (or GP)
Double Dissent penalty for unhealthiest
Double garrison for revolting cities from this empire.

B:
+10% food required for cities to grow
+10% production required to construct for religion buildings
Double Penalties for Non-State Religion
Free Draft for empire witch city has been conquered by this empire.

C:
+10% maintenance from number of cities
+10% production required to construct for culture buildings
Double Dissent penalty for unhappiness.
+1 unhealthiest in cities

D:
+10% culture points required for next culture level
+10% production required to construct for growth building
+50% war weariness
-1 level culture surpassing for dissent (1 is minimum)

E:
+10% dissent generation from foreign intervention
+10% production required to construct for military building
Penalty for not having state-religion in city
(?) – 10% spy point production

F:
+10% dissent/cost from corporations
+10% production required to construct for missionaries, corporate agents
No State Religion
-1 attitude from civilization whit a state religion

I would like to ask how the tenets mechanism works in this MOD HR.

I found that switching from tenet idolatry to meditation reduced the cost of hammers to build wonder stonehenge from 225 to 180. as expected a 25% drop.

However, the tenets edonism, altruism and polytheism did not reduce the cost of producing wonders. The wonder stonehenge hasn't dropped even more in production cost, even though it combines polytheism and altruism. and it remained costing 180 of production.

However, the tenets edonism, altruism and polytheism did not reduce the cost of producing wonders. The wonder stonehenge hasn't dropped even more in production cost, even though it combines polytheism and altruism. and it remained costing 180 of production.

Stonehenge is classified as a Cultural Wonder (pedia shows this info) so Altruism and Polytheism have no effect on its cost. Hedonism does though, mitigating the Idolatry penalty if you have both Hedonism and Idolatry.

I tested using the WB, founded the pesedjet religion in my capital, converted to this religion as a state religion and in the reformation I simultaneously switched from worship idolatry to meditation and morality hedonism to altruism.

However the Hanging garden wonder ("growth wonder") had its production cost reduced only from 562 to 450 (the 25% reduction caused by leaving worship idolatry) but why wasn't there the second 25% discount for building a growth wonder with morality altruism?

the cost of production in hammers, shouldn't it fall further?

Last edited:
I tested using the WB, founded the pesedjet religion in my capital, converted to this religion as a state religion and in the reformation I simultaneously switched from worship idolatry to meditation and morality hedonism to altruism.

However the Hanging garden wonder ("growth wonder") had its production cost reduced only from 562 to 450 (the 25% reduction caused by leaving worship idolatry) but why wasn't there the second 25% discount for building a growth wonder with morality altruism?

the cost of production in hammers, shouldn't it fall further?

That's how to meant to work, yes. I've looked into it and discovered a bug that prevents Tenets with these effects from working with the Pesedjet religion. The other religions are working fine. This will be fixed in the next release, thank you for spotting and reporting it!

Top Bottom