terrain reloads

I am curious what you mean by “terrain refresh” but I think I experience that pretty regularly and never thought much about it. It does not interfere with play. Civ4 did the same thing. And my iMac is older, so I never really expected better.

It is kind of crazy, but I am think of doing the same thing so I can play during my long commute. People complain that Civ5 kills laptop batteries. How many Civ5 hours does your MacBook hold up for?

I think I noticed this issue more than others who only play civ on a Mac. Coming from windows I never experienced this issue before.

I've never played civ on my Mac unplugged since I always have it hooked up to an external display. I'm guessing it would be no more than 3-4 hours.

I think I noticed this issue more than others who only play civ on a Mac. Coming from windows I never experienced this issue before.

Sounds about right.

I've never played civ on my Mac unplugged since I always have it hooked up to an external display. I'm guessing it would be no more than 3-4 hours.

What is your battery guess based on? I think the batter life would be less than watching a movie or web surfing or web browsing. Do you use both screens when plugged in? If not, why not a Mini?

Sounds about right.

What is your battery guess based on? I think the batter life would be less than watching a movie or web surfing or web browsing. Do you use both screens when plugged in? If not, why not a Mini?

I get about 6-8 hours with light browsing. So I figure it would be close to half of that. I only use one display at a time. I wanted to get a mac mini but they dont have a dedicated graphics card.

Thanks for taking on my follow-up questions. That is nuts that Apple has graphics upgrades options for their laptops but not the Mini. When introduced Thunderbolt, I was expecting external video cards to soon follow. I have not seen any that radical. If a get a laptop, it would be air or the low-end MacBook, so I don't expect my civ experience to be better than what I have now.

Thanks for taking on my follow-up questions. That is nuts that Apple has graphics upgrades options for their laptops but not the Mini. When introduced Thunderbolt, I was expecting external video cards to soon follow. I have not seen any that radical. If a get a laptop, it would be air or the low-end MacBook, so I don't expect my civ experience to be better than what I have now.

There's speculation that we'll see a new Mini at Thursday's iPad event. Given the target audience of the Mini I find it unlikely you'll see a discrete graphics option, but the Haswell internal graphics are about as good as the mid-range discrete graphics from 2-3 years ago.

Top Bottom