'That we may live in peace' - Help

ev0lvedUK

Chieftain
Hi all,

New member, but been a long-time Civ fan...

I've pretty much done all achievements on Revolutions now, except a Domination win on Deity (although got a pretty sweet save game lined up for it - which is my own Deity game saved at around 1500AD and not some kind of cheat?!!) and also 'That we may live in peace' achievement.

I've half-heartedly tried to do this a couple of times, but haven't got even close yet - just wondering if anyone had any tips?

I've thinking about tips for using a specific Civilization and/or method of win? - I've heard Mongols on Domination might be a good one, but tried this and no luck so far.

If you want to make it the easiest way,do it with the blitzkrieg scenario.

If you want to try it on a normal game, i`d suggest Germany because of the elite upgrade ability. I got it with rome on a normal game :goodjob:

If you want to make it the easiest way,do it with the blitzkrieg scenario.

If you want to try it on a normal game, i`d suggest Germany because of the elite upgrade ability. I got it with rome on a normal game :goodjob:

Thanks vapaach, I'll give the Germans a go...

Have been trying the Zulus and although the extra speed is very helpful, but the time I've found all my rivals, the warriors have been too weak againist armies of archers.

I'll post up my results if anyone else is finding this achievement tricky :)

although got a pretty sweet save game lined up for it

Sigh why do people have to cheat. Whats the point? It seems a lot of people are more concerned baout winning then having fun.

Sigh why do people have to cheat.

Thats a little unfair?

I've enjoyed the game lots actually.

But its taken me hours and hours to get 4 of the 5 Deity wins and quite frankly, I want to finish up just by getting this achievement and the Deity Domination one.

I'm sorry if that seems to upset you ;)

If they have more fun by saving the game and reloading then who are you to tell them that they aren't having fun?

Well, after two days of trying to get the 'That we may live in peace' ach, I've finally done it.

I admit to being ignorant to the Scenarios option and up until late today - thanks to vapaach kind reply - I had not used these, infact, I never enjoyed the scenario option on any of the PC versions.

To closet I got to this ach on the regular game was 2 out of 4 rivals before 1000AD, but frankly this was due to a 'lucky' map. I suspect to obtain this ach on the regular game is nih-on impossible - but Im happy to be proved wrong! :)

As for tips to get this ach...

Go for a domination win on the Blitzkrieg or the Eternal Kombat scenarios (I used the later) and use a civilization with good militaries: Zulus, Aztecs or Germans - I used Zulus as the extra movement for the Warrior allows you uncover double the area which is vital to then plan your conquests.

Also, the very first rival civ you encounter take them out, as earlier on in the game rival units are unlikely to be sosphicated or have been powered up.

Finally, don't bother with rival cities - just go for the Capitals!

These are quite general tips, but if you are having problems, just let me know what the issue is and I'll reply with a more specific response :)

Finally, don't bother with rival cities - just go for the Capitals!

That is the only thing i don`t agree. I kind of agree, but in some situations it is impossible to only go for the capital, for example when there are many cities with lots of troops around the capital.And the extra cities surely help.

But im glad i helped you out! :D And yeah, i forgot the aztecs and the zulus totally.

That is the only thing i don`t agree. I kind of agree, but in some situations it is impossible to only go for the capital, for example when there are many cities with lots of troops around the capital.And the extra cities surely help.

Yea, I know what you mean - sometimes its unavoidable, but if you are playing for a Domination win, why go out of your way to capture a non-Capital city?

Besides, if you want gold or a great person, just send some spies so they can do their darks arts :D

Yea, I know what you mean - sometimes its unavoidable, but if you are playing for a Domination win, why go out of your way to capture a non-Capital city?

Besides, if you want gold or a great person, just send some spies so they can do their darks arts :D

Yeah, you are right about that.If there are some island cities or far away cities, they are not to be attacked, but usually when i get a domination victory, i destroy a few civs by the way.

I have posted my story about my 1000AD win and did that with the Arabs. They start with Fundamentalism and add +1 to each unit (doubling the warrior's strength from turn 1). You get mathematics when you enter the medieval era, so you can build catapults very quickly.

Just focus on science and production and don't worry about food and culture. Just build units and don't build buildings. Build roads between your conquered cities to rush your units across the map.

Thats a little unfair?

I've enjoyed the game lots actually.

But its taken me hours and hours to get 4 of the 5 Deity wins and quite frankly, I want to finish up just by getting this achievement and the Deity Domination one.

I'm sorry if that seems to upset you ;)

Stone the cheater

Thanks for the Arab tip vinstafresh. I just finished Blitz on Diety on turn 550AD. I got a general very early and it easy after the first Civ(Germans) fell. I took every city and used my settler to found a new one to crank out the archer/pikeman armies once I had about 6 catapult armies. After I had the Catapult armies with sufficient protection it was game over for the others. Thanks again vista.

It's really not that hard i guess, because I've done this achievement on the first time I tried blitzkrieg (on King) and I won (Domination) 1600 BC... I recommend it to anyone who wants easy deity victories, I've won deity in normal game (no scenario) with Romans on the first try (all 4 victories), but blitzkrieg is sooo much easier... Only easier I can imagine is probably Beta centaury with mongols (Genkhis Khan), because there are a lot barbarian villages and they all join your empire once u kill them.

Maybe Mao is talking to his computer, who beat him on deity mode. As I see no one on this thread that cheated.

What is the fifth Deity win? Economic, Cultural, Tech, Domination and...?
Please let me know.

There are only 4 :)

Anyways, cheating is often classified as playing the scenarios to get the acheivments in an easier way, and reload a game to try something new. (Not loading from a Save point, but more or less going back in time to do something, or to not do something.)

Top Bottom