The AI is screwing up the my perfect world image...

THExBrolization

Chieftain
.. by placing cities in some really crappy locals. I'm getting my bang for my buck until that pretentious Ghandi and his 'let's be friend's till I stick my pole in your eye' act want to come and place a city 2 squares away from mine. Meaning we have to share and when I inevitably take it, i've got serious resource shortage. Really messes with the fungshway of my continent, ya know?

So is there any way to get rid of cities in Civ Rev? I'm really doubting it because I don't remember the game informing me, but I figure it can't hurt to check.

Thanks

Two ways. Barbarians attacking an undefended city will destroy it, even a capital. I've never found out what happens if all five capitals are destroyed by barbarians. Barbarian victory?

The other way is the nuke. It will destroy any non-capital city, but you only get one per game and the tile is not recovered.

Hm, well I make the huge effort to eradicate barbarians as soon as I can. So option 1 is out, because the rivals are placing cities well after 0 a.d. As for the nuke, I had thought about that, but it's not what I want.

I have found that the AI settles their cities in much smarter/efficient locations in the emporer and deity difficulty levels. So I guess that's my best option.

hey, ever nuke an entry point to your city?

I once had a geologic situation where my city was below a constricted entry point; meaning, single file; at one time I had it defended(I think there was even a hill in this single file entry point); and, there was a mass buildup of other civilizations who wanted to come in and wage war with me; at one point, I decided to just nuke the entry point. I targeted the nuking above where my guys were stationed, but the nuke killed even them much less all the other civs soldiers(i mean there was more than one civ trying to come in on me; and they were seriously stockpiling!)

For like more than one turn, the carnage was laid waste; you should have seen all this wreckage laying around; finaly(I forget how many turns), the wreckage went away to only have a black spot there. But, the black spot never went away, and the civs trying to wage war with me were never able to get through; this black spot was a point where nobody could come in or out!(including me!) You'd need a boat of somekind.

Just kind of interesting; thought I'd share;

The nuke crater is rather unsightly as well. The option to raze a city should have been included, but given the way the game is designed there's really no incentive to ever get rid of a city, even if the placement isn't optimal.

Top Bottom