[BNW] The best situation to use honor policy ?

shinchan820000

Chieftain
As title above.so im interested to start open policy with honor.but what is the best civilization to play if i want to start with honor policy,and what is the best starting scenario/map to use honor as my first social policy ?

Thank you

I'm no expert, but I've grown partial to the school of thought that states only Tradition or Liberty make good openers. Personally I'd say Honor makes a good "filler policy" (the policy or policies you waste culture points on after having finished your opener but before having unlocked rationalism) for militaristic civs.

If you insist on opening with honor however, I'd personally say the Aztecs make a good civ. You get policies that make you better at waging war, and a UA that rewards you for being good at war with culture, which you can then invest in more honor. Sadly it won't help the growth of your cities much. Another good one might be Germany when you're going barb hunting early, because they have a chance to convert some barbs into your own units.

As for a map, I'm not too sure but I'd put my money on pangaea. That way you pretty much always have someone to wag war on.

Honor is a terrible choice for 'filler policies'. It is only worth doing from the start, when you want to make the most of Medieval, Renaissance and Industrial warfare.

The bonuses come from cheaper upgrades, human monuments (units parked in city grant culture) and happiness from garrisons.

Honor can work well with any civilisation. To see it being used, I recommend Peddroelm's video LPs. My favourite one is for the American Deity Challenge:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFWnpbmrXTorc2VjoBaZMinjDhkXQRCRp

The #1 reason to use Honor is to make the midgame economy snowball to the point where the AI can't deal with it.

honour is excellent to get finishef by mid game.biggest wars are than started.i always try to finish honour by industrual.the money u get for killing units is immense and keeps the war machine rolling

Top Bottom