The Bloodmoon Chronicles TC Fantasy Mod

Last edited:
Has this been abandoned? Or are you still going on with this? I'm new here so if this is normal, and there usually no updates for 6 months at a time, please excuse my lack of knowledge. Apologies in Advance.

Has this been abandoned? Or are you still going on with this? I'm new here so if this is normal, and there usually no updates for 6 months at a time, please excuse my lack of knowledge. Apologies in Advance.

I understand you were not being sarcastic, but I choose to read it as such because it then becomes very funny.
I've not heard from Nomad for quite some time. Hopefully he picks this up at some point.

I'm around, but progress is slow. Since there aren't many modders still enthusiastic about CiV since Civ6 came out (which I don't know why, because the horrible Civ6 AI is a deal breaker for me), I am basically building Chapter I: Ouroboros with the 12 base fantasy civs and units but without much deviation from the base game. There will be spellcasters but they will use a parallel of the faith mechanic (mana). Spells will effectively be promotions (e.g., +25% offense) plus spellcasters will also have a ranged attack ability (with custom effects). Hopefully, I can borrow some of the existing coding from Faerun for some of this stuff. Bottom line: it will be a much simplified version of the intended final product, which is exactly what Ouroboros was supposed to be. If/when I complete Ouroboros, I will move on to Chapter II: Mythos, a scenario pack revealing history of core civs and introducing new concepts (magic affinities, promotions, ascension victory, etc.). Scenarios will be released one at a time as basically mini-games. That will allow me to develop and playtest concepts one at a time using Lua programming.

So yeah, I'm still around, working on the tech tree and buildings at the moment (so boring!). I'll let y'all know when significant changes are published.

Last edited:
Using Sukritact's Main Menu 1.0 Pseudo-DLC I have designed a series of intro screens for Bloodmoon. Here is a sample:

Spoiler :

Artwork is from Jorge Jacinto on DeviantArt (from whom I have not - yet - requested permission).

If you would like to install Sukritact's Pseudo-DLC for Bloodmoon, you can download it here:

Bloodmoon Chronicles Main Menu

Simply extract the folder into your CiV DLC folder (for Steam users it is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC) and start CiV (NOTE: Do not use this if your screen-resolution is less than 1280 in width). Check the box for it to randomly select a background when you load the game (there are 18 Bloodmoon backgrounds plus the original CiV "Atlas" background). To keep one you like every time CiV loads, set it to the desired background then un-check the box. To delete this Pseudo-DLC so that CiV behaves as it did previously, just delete the extracted directory from the DLC folder.

Some custom icons that I designed for future civs in the game:

Embers Clan (Orcs):
UA: Clans of Fire and Ash - Start allied with humanoid barbarians until they reveal Iron, can buy barbarian humanoid units with gold (no maintenance), can convert humanoid barbarian camps to cities with Renown (Culture), all combat units start with the Subdue I promotion (+25% to convert unit upon defeat) and generate +1 Renown (Culture) for every point of combat experience gained, Animal Cages and Beast Pens produce double resources (which are created from subdued animal barbarian units)

Spoiler :

Fae:
I might shamelessly borrow much of Bane's Warlords Battleciv TC Fey civ for Bloodmoon's Fae civ traits....

Spoiler :

Crusaders:
UA: Holy Defenders - Melee units have +25% defense within their borders, +30 HP healed per turn adjacent to a friendly city, gain faith for killing enemy units within 4 tiles of a friendly city
UU: Crusader - Similar attributes to a Pictish Warrior, but is stronger and can only be purchased with faith. Requires no maintenance. It has a limited promotion tree and cannot be upgraded. Can be disbanded for faith in friendly territory or donated to City States for Influence.
UI: Stronghold - Replaces Trading Post, produces +1 Gold and +1 Faith. Cannot be adjacent to a city or another stronghold. Has a 2% chance per turn of creating a Crusader whenever the civilization is at war.

Spoiler :

Wood Elves:
UA: Sacred Grove Guardians - City connections through forests as roads. Unimproved forest tiles produce +1 Food/Culture/Production. Recon units start with the Woodsman I+II promotions (double movement rate in forest, +25% strength in forest and forest as roads); builders can create forest on unforested plains, grassland, hills, and tundra terrains
UU: Ent - replaces catapult, stronger and has a +50% defensive bonus in forests (but -25% city attacks), only spawns in forest tiles within civ borders when at war (5% chance per tile), costs no maintenance

Spoiler :

Horselords:
UA: Mercenary Horselords - Mounted units are similar to the Keshik (except no ranged attack) but available at Horseback Riding. In addition, units can be sold to City States for gold and double the Influence. Great Generals are per the Khan great person (but can build a Warhorse per below instead of a citadel).
UB: Livery Stables - Replaces stable, same as Poland's Ducal stable
UU: Warhorse - As Cataphract, but stronger and has no city attack penalty. Includes the March promotion plus the Khan Leadership and Enhanced Medic abilities. Can only be built by consuming a Great General

Spoiler :

Sea Marauders:
UA: Harbors of the Tempest - All coastal tiles produce +1 Gold/Food. +1 Movement and Sight for all naval units and all naval units can enter ocean tiles at game start (per Polynesia). All Naval melee units start with the Prize Ships promotion.
UB: Quay - +10% Production in the city. 1 Maintenance. May only be built in coastal cities. Allows the Wharf improvement.
UI: Wharf - +1 Production, Food, and Gold, can be built on coastal tiles adjacent to land owned by the city. Cannot be built next to a city or another Wharf. Additional +1 Production/Food/Gold with cities containing a Port.

Spoiler :

Top Bottom